• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Fonts!

GarciaM25

Oakley Beginner
Thought we should start a thread regarding all the various fonts of Oakley. PLEASE provide a link to them if they are rare, and chances are, they're too hard to find online without paying nearly $300 for. I do vinyl graphics for a living and LOVE being able to make and distribute Oakley stuff, so here goes!

I was making logos for the inside of my display case and found the font used for the ELITE lettering on Oakley's website:

http://www.oakley.com/elite

The font is called TRAJAN PRO, and you can download it from my website by clicking here:

Trajan Pro BOLD
Trajan Pro Regular

I'm dying for someone to post the awesome block font BARK TWO they use for the POLARIZED lettering on the lenses! First person to post that font for download gets $50 worth of custom Oakley vinyl from me for FREE!!!

Thanks! I was trying to figure out what the fonts were but couldn't find it anywhere!

ok so here is what i found, its looks like Oakley typeface is a custom version of URW California Grotesk, called Bark. i think i found a site thats is really close to it in the black, i havent found it free yet but here seems to be the cheapest! hope that helps let me know what you think!

Font Family Page

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that one before, and while it's close, there are a lot of differences in it when used in all CAPS for things like the word "Polarized." It might just be close enough to use, but it's still not free, so it doesn't qualify for the winning prize unfortunately!

I thought about just using that one day and saying hell with it, I'll just pay for it and call it a day, until I discovered a site called www.dafont.com - everything is FREE, and they have completely custom fonts in there like FOUR of them for Transformers - check them out:

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=transformer

I have about 5300 fonts installed on my computer for signwork, but there are some fonts you just have to get custom made in order to make it perfect for what we need - Bark Two is one of them! And of course, any other Oakley font we can find....

Thanks! Let's keep this going!

ya i know what your saying. have you tried contacting oakley at all? i feel like its gonna be super hard to find. ill keep my search going. haha and those transformer fonts are pretty cool.

Isn't this some sort of illegal? Using and selling Oakley's copyrighted names and designs with out their consent may land you in jail or being served with a C&D.

penSPED said:
Isn't this some sort of illegal? Using and selling Oakley's copyrighted names and designs with out their consent may land you in jail or being served with a C&D.

If I were selling any of this, of course it would - I use it for personal use while using a vinyl machine I purchased in my name and not the business', and I would give away $50 worth of custom vinyl for the correct font I need, not selling it. Absolutely nothing illegal about it!

If I were selling any of this, of course it would - I use it for personal use while using a vinyl machine I purchased in my name and not the business', and I would give away $50 worth of custom vinyl for the correct font I need, not selling it. Absolutely nothing illegal about it!

LAWYERED!

Also, I would be interested if there are any updates on this topic

I've seen that one before, and while it's close, there are a lot of differences in it when used in all CAPS for things like the word "Polarized." It might just be close enough to use, but it's still not free, so it doesn't qualify for the winning prize unfortunately!

I thought about just using that one day and saying hell with it, I'll just pay for it and call it a day, until I discovered a site called www.dafont.com - everything is FREE, and they have completely custom fonts in there like FOUR of them for Transformers - check them out:

transformer - Search - dafont.com

I have about 5300 fonts installed on my computer for signwork, but there are some fonts you just have to get custom made in order to make it perfect for what we need - Bark Two is one of them! And of course, any other Oakley font we can find....

Thanks! Let's keep this going!
HI, you found Oakley fount?

Back