• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum 5/1/19 Update - New Features and Functionality Thread

@OakleyBoss, I may have missed it, but are there any future plans to create "shared" editing rights for some specific posts that we create?

This would be helpful, particularly for "collaborative" efforts.

I want to allow Chris A Hardaway, SiRacer420, neill and mustangjt access to posts they regularly contribute responsibly to.

Last edited:
@OakleyBoss, I may have missed it, but are there any future plans to create "shared" editing rights for some specific posts that we create?

This would be helpful, particularly for "collaborative" efforts.

I want to allow Chris A Hardaway, SiRacer420, neill, "TRUMP" and mustangjt access to posts they regularly contribute responsibly to.

Interesting idea - there isn’t today but it’s something I’ll think on and look at what it would take.

Interesting idea - there isn’t today but it’s something I’ll think on and look at what it would take.
Essentially, what I'd like is a process by which we can "add" contributors for specific posts only, so that they can edit certain pages (but without me giving them my log-in details).

Mods, of course, can already do this, but I'd like to be able to "empower" other trusted contributors to be able to add to/adjust some of my lists (if at all possible) and also receive "notifications" as if they were the O.P.

There is an easier, less specific way, but it is a bit "clunky".

I was thinking about creating another username (Listmeister) just for "lists" only and get a Mod to change all those "List posts" so that the O.P. was "Listmeister". Then I could share the password with the few people I wanted to allow editing rights. The downside is that it would mean that all of those people would have access to every thread ever created in Listmeister's name as well as have access to the PMs, which may stop other contributors wishing to pass on information which is more negative pertinent to some of my threads e.g. best sellers list.

Essentially, what I'd like is a process by which we can "add" contributors for specific posts only, so that they can edit certain pages (but without me giving them my log-in details).

Mods, of course, can already do this, but I'd like to be able to "empower" other trusted contributors to be able to add to/adjust some of my lists (if at all possible) and also receive "notifications" as if they were the O.P.

There is an easier, less specific way, but it is a bit "clunky".

I was thinking about creating another username (Listmeister) just for "lists" only and get a Mod to change all those "List posts" so that the O.P. was "Listmeister". Then I could share the password with the few people I wanted to allow editing rights. The downside is that it would mean that all of those people would have access to every thread ever created in Listmeister's name as well as have access to the PMs, which may stop other contributors wishing to pass on information which is more negative pertinent to some of my threads e.g. best sellers list.

What about a separate forum section for Lists or guides and make the “contributors” mods that only have access to that forum.

You know how there’s
New Members
Oakley Sunglasses
Oakley Frogskins and X Metals
Misc Oakley
Oakley Exchange
Other
The just add Guides or Lists

FYI @OakleyBoss Earlier today I couldn't access the site. Now that I can I, once again, get the banner to "Register Now" even though I'm already logged in.

Logged in from Samsung S8 phone using native browser, if that helps.

FYI @OakleyBoss Earlier today I couldn't access the site. Now that I can I, once again, get the banner to "Register Now" even though I'm already logged in.

Logged in from Samsung S8 phone using native browser, if that helps.

Yup was some server maintenance this morning, went a little longer than expected.

The Register Now banner should be fixed shortly was just editing that one.

Back