• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley forum app

Ya that's why you run adds like other forums. I pay to be a premium member and I would pay more if needed. I think it could be a good thing more exposure and if you don't like the adds pay to be a premium member. Maybe some bigger company's can become more involved and offer discounts to members... Optimize it for android and apple versions too. Other business not related to oakley or sunglasses may pay to advertise and in turn give members discounts all in all I understand it takes a lot and costs money. Nothing is free but it seems like this could be a win win for all provided we could get some big sponsors involved?

Ya that's why you run adds like other forums. I pay to be a premium member and I would pay more if needed. I think it could be a good thing more exposure and if you don't like the adds pay to be a premium member. Maybe some bigger company's can become more involved and offer discounts to members... Optimize it for android and apple versions too. Other business not related to oakley or sunglasses may pay to advertise and in turn give members discounts all in all I understand it takes a lot and costs money. Nothing is free but it seems like this could be a win win for all provided we could get some big sponsors involved?
I've also paid to have premium membership and did state I would be willing to pay costs towards and app.

The mobile version has been put into place to appease the masses for now. Many people also use the tapatalk app though even though the features probably aren't fully there.

But I would also love a dedicated forum app.

Yeah this definitely has been a widely discussed topic, as everyone has said it has been an issue of Money/Time. I do feel the mobile site is very capable, however the biggest pitfall I see is a lack of notifications. I would love to have notifications set for PM's, replies etc. Tapatalk is not preferred, and is left as merely a legacy option. Truthfully it has a lack of capability, customization and ultimately we have no control over it.

I think a mobile app is definitely something to re-approach in 2015. I will keep this thread updated!

Awesome. Well until then what do you think of the idea @kronin323

Personally, with rare exceptions, I don't go on the forum with my phone, as a self-limiter of how much time I spend here.

But I do PM SW dev projects for a living and I know it would be no small feat. It would solve a lot a problems but also likely create some new ones.

Back