• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Awards Part 4b: Best Current Non-Iridium Lens (THE FINAL SHOWDOWN)

What is the best current Non-Iridium lens?

• Clear

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Dark/Grey/Light/Warm Grey

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • G20/G30/G40

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Persimmon

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • VR28/VR50/VR70

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Bronze/Dark Bronze

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, to an extent. If a frame needs a more flashy lens, then Grey is not the way to go.

But yet, in a funny old way, they just work in so many light conditions that they are necessary.

I don't have many grey lenses, to be honest, but they get used in a few frames due to being functional, not flash.
Not every pair of Oakleys needs to be in-your-face and shouting 'Look at me!". It's good to be subtle sometimes.

And hey, you can level the "easy and cheap" argument at so much of the Frogs line, can't you . . . .
:wink:

Yeah, frogs have gone cheap recently, but I hope with the VR46 and acid tortoise we should see some improvement.

Like the idea of the olympic frogs too, but they look like the cheap glasses you can get for £5 from a Jamaican in Elephant & Castle!

And expect an olympic record in the marathon, due to chavs chasing the athletes thru the streets of London trying to grab their nice eyewear and trainers.

Oh come on Herb, cheer up, it's a couple of weeks of sport for only 12 BILLION pounds.
In the middle of the worst economic recession in living memory.
And instead of putting that money into education, or healthcare, etc.

Sigh.

:rolleyes:

To be honest, we can only tell after the Olympics whether or not it was a waste of money- the merchandise and tourism revenues will be immense during that period!

Might even turn into a profit!

About chavs chasing people, having grown up in South London, I rather had an issue with "rudebois"

Yeah - but it's a ridiculous gamble in these recessional times. Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but I've always been a bit of a sucker for putting sport further down the order than getting our children educated and healing the sick.

Country £12 Billion in debt.
Olympics costing country £12 Billion.
<insert picture of David Brent interlocking fingers here>

But then - back to topic! - I don't mind Warm Grey lenses either.
Crikey, maybe I AM old and boring!

Latest Posts

Back