• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Awards Part 4f: Best X-Metal Of All Time (THE FINAL SHOWDOWN)

What is the best X-Metal of All Time?

• Half-X

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Juliet

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Mars

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Penny

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Romeo

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Romeo 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X Metal XX

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • X-Squared

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
XX tio2. This is the sexiest frame color combo that has ever been produced. With the XX 24k right behind it.

I'm a grey-haired guy so I think that the Ti-O2 looks best on me- but that's a colorway IMHO.

That being said, to me the best is the R1. It got the X Metal ball rolling and was WAY overbuilt. Oakley fixed that by getting many back via warranty exchange for styles with consumable flex couplers opening up other revenue streams.

It isn't necessarily pretty (except the Plasma/Fire that I don't yet own) but it makes a strong visual statement. In the end there will be cockroaches and Romeos- its a shame that cockroaches don't have ears so they won't be able to wear them!

I'm a grey-haired guy so I think that the Ti-O2 looks best on me- but that's a colorway IMHO.

That being said, to me the best is the R1. It got the X Metal ball rolling and was WAY overbuilt. Oakley fixed that by getting many back via warranty exchange for styles with consumable flex couplers opening up other revenue streams.

But the Romeo snaps its own lenses from nothing more than sitting on your face.

Without that flaw they might still be sold alongside the Juliet. But as if inspired by the play that inspired its name, it drank poison and fell on a knife so Juliet could carry on as Top-X.

I have a Plasma/Fire Romeo, and recently sold my X-Metal/BI pair.
Both immaculate, cos I took good care of them.
The bottom line is that Juliets are just more 'bullet-proof'.

Everything would have been fine if only Oakley had marketed R1 more accurately as simply being a bit more realistically fragile.

Something like: "Oakley Romeo. Not for clumsy fkers."

Latest Posts

Back