• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Custom of the Month Contest (Rules, Suggestions, and Discussion)

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
This will be the main thread for the rules and discussion of the monthly custom contest.

How it works.

Each month, on the 1st, I will create a thread for that month's contest. Prospective entrants will have until the 5th to claim a spot with max of 10 entrants per month. On the night of the 5th claims will be closed and entrants will have 2 days to edit their post and submit pictures. Voting will start on the 7th, or as soon as all entrants have submitted their entry. If any entrant hasn't submitted their entry by the night of the 7th they will be removed from that month's contest. Voting will end on the night of the 27th so I have time to contact the winner about their prize and start the next contest.

What is considered custom?

Anything that is not how it came from Oakley. This contest is not just for the Master Craftsmen, it is for everyone. It doesn't matter if you have a full Cerakoted Mars with half chopped orbitals or a Latch with different color lenses. It's all custom and we all want to see it.

Prizes.

I will be giving out prizes to the winners each month. It may be a sticker, it may be a pop card, it may be a 3D printed keychain. Whatever it is, it will be Oakley related and a picture will be in that month's contest thread.

Custom of the Year

January through November we will have monthly contests. In December we will have those winners face off for a custom of the year contest.

Extra Rules

Each month's winner will be ineligible for competition the following month.

International entries are welcome, don't worry about the shipping, I got it.

The next few months categories will be posted here.

June---------------X Metal OF Custom of the Month June 2017 (X Metal) Congrats Cacatman!!!
July----------------Wires OF Custom of the Month July 2017 (Wires) Congrats Zach!!!
August------------Frogskins OF Custom of the Month August 2017 (Frogs) Congrats Brian!
September------O Matter OF Custom of the Month September 2017 (O Matter) Congrats YFG!!!
October----------Pre 2006 OF Custom of the Month October 2017 (Pre 2006) Congrats Scienergy!!!
November-------Post 2006 OF Custom of the Month November 2017 (Post 2006) Congrats Brian!!!
December-------Custom of the Year OF Custom of the Year 2017 CONGRATS YFG!!!

January------- Open OF Custom of the Month January 2018 - Open - Congrats YFG!!!

February------ X Metal OF Custom of the Month February 2018 - X Metal - Congrats SoulFulFrog!!!

March--------- Wires OF Custom of the Month March 2018 - Wires - Congrats MichaS!!!

April------------ OF Custom of the Month April 2018 - OPEN- Congrats YFG!

May------------ OF Custom of the Month May 2018 - Congrats BigRabbit!!!

June----------- OF Custom of the Month June 2018 - Congrats SFF!

July———— OF Custom of the Month July 2018 - Congrats Trump!

July ----------- OF Custom of the Month July 2019 - Congrats YFG!!!

August-------- OF Custom of the Month August 2019. Congrats TRUMP!!!

Sept----------- OF Custom of the Month September 2019 Congrats Thegroundpounder99!!!

Oct ----------- OF Custom of the Month October 2019 Congrats YFG!!!

Nov----------- OF Custom of the Month November 2019 Congrats Oakley Sydney!!!

2019---------- OF Custom of the Year 2019 Congrats Oakley Sydney!!!

January ---- OF Custom of the Month January 2020 Congrats zwc0442!!!

Last edited:
I need suggestions for some stuff.

Should the results be visible to everyone while voting is going on? Can I even make it visible after the fact if it starts off not?

Should I announce the next few months themes in advance to give people time to build? This is really meant to a contest of what you've done, not a build off.

"Half chopped Mars orbitals"?
How about channeled and lowered?
:smoke:
Love the contest concept, especially the open interpretation of "custom".
And bonus, "Prizes"!?
As if adulation of the O-masses wasn't enough!
I can see you're old school about cars too lol

I'll find the pictures of the half chopped Mars, you either love it or hate it. I'm still deciding lol I definitely want to give prizes. Bragging rights is enough but prizes make everything more fun. I really want to open to everyone, admins, mods, regular guys (and gals). Everyone can enter and everyone can vote. I imagine most people will be voting for themselves. The only person not entering or voting ever will be me. If someone wants to donate a month's prize then they probably don't want to enter for that month.

This is just how it starts. I've been wanting to do something like this since last year and I have to start somewhere. We'll see how it goes and make changes where necessary.

@OakleyBoss can you help on the voting thing? For instance, if I create the poll on the 7th and make results not visible, can I change it to visible on the 28th? I don't want other's votes to influence anyone but I want everyone to see the results for themselves. I don't want anyone to feel cheated.

I need suggestions for some stuff.

Should the results be visible to everyone while voting is going on? Can I even make it visible after the fact if it starts off not?

Should I announce the next few months themes in advance to give people time to build? This is really meant to a contest of what you've done, not a build off.
Not sure about making it visible after the fact but I think you can put a timeframe for it to end and then it will end up being visible

So I think for the first one it should be open. Anything goes. X Metal, O Matter, Wire, whatever. If it came from 1 Icon, or the Irvine location for you old farts, then it's acceptable.

Back