• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Forum Downtime/Error

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Hi All,

As you may have noticed the site experienced some down time this afternoon, and was serving an error.

This was caused by the server the site is hosted on crashing, and corrupting part of the database which holds all of the posts, threads, users etc. Unfortunately we were unable to repair the database and in the interest of time restored the site to the latest backup from yesterday 4/18 with a delta to try to recover the difference.

Luckily very little was lost, however some posts, threads, registrations etc. which occurred on the site from yesterday at 9:30AM until present, may not appear, and will not be recovered. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are still in the process of rebuilding the search function, however the rest of the site should be operational!

At no point during this incident was any data compromised. This was not a security incident, simply a server issue.

If you experience any issues or are having trouble - please feel free to PM me!

Now lets get back to Oakleys!

Search is down again - I will continue to work on it, and hopefully have it running 100% tomorrow.

We should be back to 100% now. Sorry about the delays in the last few days, it was the classic case of everything that can go wrong, going wrong!

Don't even worry about it. **** happens.......and in the IT world.....almost nothing truly gets fixed in the expected timeframe..... if anyone gives you **** or complains about this then they are just unappreciative of the kind of work needed for this.

One good thing about it though......we didn't have to complain when anyone new wasn't using the "search" function since it really wasn't working. :p

Don't even worry about it. **** happens.......and in the IT world.....almost nothing truly gets fixed in the expected timeframe..... if anyone gives you **** or complains about this then they are just unappreciative of the kind of work needed for this.

One good thing about it though......we didn't have to complain when anyone new wasn't using the "search" function since it really wasn't working. :p

Haha, I had a little laugh to myself about that as well. If you came to the site and read a post that said just "search" it, you prob were really confused when you couldn't get results.

Overall, just glad to be back up to 100%, so I can talk Oakleys!!

Latest Posts

Back