• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frames For Larger Heads - yet again

kb26_1_1.jpg

Welcome the the forum. I’ve got a pretty good sized melon, 7 5/8 hat size. I normally wear pit bulls or monster dogs.. brand new sets of pit bulls should be available on eBay for 100-125. Don’t be afraid of the Asian fit models they just have slightly larger nose pieces. As far as current lux offerings I’d go win a fuel cell, drop point or double edge if you want more of a wrap frame. Crosshairs are still available widely on eBay or at vault stores. Turbines would be a good fit too. That gascan might be a bit small. The twoface and mainlinks actually fit me okay too of you want more of a lifestyle frame. I haven’t tried the split shots or some of the other new stuff yet though

Thanks, I've got several leads now. Now it's just tracking them down to try them on, would hate to order one and have it not fit.

P.S. I wear 7 5/8 hats too, perhaps I should have said that in the OP

Welcome the the forum. I’ve got a pretty good sized melon, 7 5/8 hat size. I normally wear pit bulls or monster dogs.. brand new sets of pit bulls should be available on eBay for 100-125. Don’t be afraid of the Asian fit models they just have slightly larger nose pieces. As far as current lux offerings I’d go win a fuel cell, drop point or double edge if you want more of a wrap frame. Crosshairs are still available widely on eBay or at vault stores. Turbines would be a good fit too. That gascan might be a bit small. The twoface and mainlinks actually fit me okay too of you want more of a lifestyle frame. I haven’t tried the split shots or some of the other new stuff yet though
Hey...I've got a big nugget too! Try Lamood hats. I love those guys! V/r, RiggerBill

I've seen a couple threads about frames for larger heads on here but they're several many years old and most of the models mentioned have been discontinued. So I was wondering what are the current offerings that are large head friendly?

I currently have Oil Rigs and I like the way they fit for the most part - no pinching behind the ear and no flexing temples outward to get them on, if that helps.
I myself have a large head, and I have the ott and oil rig as my top 2 favorite frames. Other mentions for frames I like wearing and that fit without pinching or a worn out feel behind the ear after hours of wear are:
Radar/radarlock
Splitjacket
Fuelcell
Batwolf
Frogskin(although they look odd on big heads)
Romeo
turbine
Offshoot
Plate

Back