• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frames For Larger Heads - yet again

Gritty_Mushpie

Oakley Beginner
I've seen a couple threads about frames for larger heads on here but they're several many years old and most of the models mentioned have been discontinued. So I was wondering what are the current offerings that are large head friendly?

I currently have Oil Rigs and I like the way they fit for the most part - no pinching behind the ear and no flexing temples outward to get them on, if that helps.

I’m a fan of Square Wire for my big melon, they look smart daily and in a suit. Tin Can/Foil also look good on a big head, if you want larger lenses. Gascan can look great if you’re after more of a sporty wraparound style.

Or just grab some Juliets.

Sorry docrusty, I'm not champagnepapi. Just a gritty old mushpie.

How do gas cans compare to oil rigs size wize? For some reason I recall cans being significantly smaller although I may be mistaken, and they could have been knockoffs or something. I do like the style.

It seems Juliets, Tin Can, and Tin Foil are all discontinued like I mentioned previously - where would be the best place to pick some of these up?

I wish there were some standardized method to tell how big these glasses are other than just hoping some local store has them in stock.

Somewhere on the frame should be the lens and bridge size, something like 60 O 15. Typically the left earstem or the nose bridge. Have a look in the pictures for it.

example.PNG

It's the lens and nosebridge size in millimetres.

Well it would have to be the temple arms or something else since the numbers don't add up for it to be the frame total width. excuse me

Latest Posts

Back