• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Oakley Frogskins are one of Oakley’s most popular sunglasses, and for good reason! This is one of the most timeless designs from Oakley that’s been around for over 30 years! Find out exactly why this frame became one of the top Oakley sunglasses and everything to know before you buy a pair!

Background and History
The year is 1985, Ronald Reagan is in the white house, Terminator is on top of the box office, and shoulder pads are in style.
Oakley used this pop culture moment to release their first lifestyle sunglasses ever – the Oakley Frogskins.
Today these originally 80’s models are commonly referred to as Generation 1 (or Gen 1) Frogskins, as Oakley has continued to release new iterations of the popular frame.
Available in dozens of colors and with an original price tag of around $40, they became an instant hit for Oakley!
People instantly drew...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Good info here. I've been buying Frogskins since they came out in the 80's, and have had at least one pair from every generation. Great glasses!

I'm honestly not trying to up my post count. I sincerely say thanks for the insight. Always been an Oakley fan/wearer and Frogskins are my fav. Some interesting history there. I have a couple pairs. Maybe I'll get to posting some picks as I am getting caught up in the forum here.....

Latest Posts

Back