• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frogskins Crystal Series

@tmac - Agreed. But what i meant is that with the huge amount of lame special edition and fake flooding the market. Im starting to change my mind. Some pieces will always have value. But in away, I think its a good thing. Im over people grabbing as many pairs of the same colourway to resell.

Just my 2 cents

@tmac - Agreed. But what i meant is that with the huge amount of lame special edition and fake flooding the market. Im starting to change my mind. Some pieces will always have value. But in away, I think its a good thing. Im over people grabbing as many pairs of the same colourway to resell.

Just my 2 cents

Yeah, starting to see a lot of fakes on eBay right now. Then again, that can only be a sign that demand for Frogskins is high.

Imitation is the best form of flattery right?

I'm with you on the lame "special editions" but you gotta move inventory. I'm assuming we are all referring to the smog's that have been repackaged with etching, but those all went to Japan right? Did the smog's originally get released in Japan? I don't think they did but I could be wrong. In that case they are somewhat "special editions", though in the internet days it isn't hard to get stuff from anywhere in the world.

As for buying releases up for the sole purpose of reselling them I don't see the problem. If you are a frogskin collector you know how to tell fakes, even real good ones, from the real things (popping the lenses out never fails for me, easiest way to tell besides the obvious screws stickers hinges, etc) and you know how much they are selling and could sell for well than it's a decent, easy way to make some money on your hobby (Froggies arent cheap!!). Now buying up 80 pairs of limited editions with 80 different credit cards is a little extreme, but picking up 2 or 3 pairs of Jupiters with the intention of keeping 1 I have no problem with. If you are hitting up Oakley.com everyday waiting for them to get released, why not grab a bit of $$ for your troubles. Besides these days it's probably your best bet to make money. The banks don't pay squat and the stock market is more volatile than a molotov cocktail!!

But dont you think thats why the prices are high. Because these guys pull into a store, go online or have an Oakley hookup. Buy as many pairs and they can, then selling them for a 500% profit, literally the next day.

i totally agree with you on that, the guys who get them and then resell them the day they are released for double even triple retail which makes the guy who is still in college and cant drop 300 bucks for a pair that just came out in crazy. if ur gonna buy them then sell them for like 10-20 more thats cool but dont try and make a huge but buck on us oakley guys

no new frogs out there . . .
there will be more action if the black lights come out!

I like the fire flora fades, and the purple fades alot. I own the grenade fades too, but they mostly sit in the display case and really only look best when you swap in some green vl lenses.

Latest Posts

Back