• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vamshi Bharadwaj

Oakley Beginner
Introduced in 2009, the Oakley Fuel Cell is one of the most iconic Oakley styles still being produced.
The larger brother to the ever-popular Oakley Gascan the Fuel Cell is a home run for bigger faces.
Keep reading for our complete Oakley Fuel Cell review, plus everything to know about these sunglasses.

Oakley Fuel Cell Sunglasses Review
For this review, we wore a pair of Oakley Fuel Cell sunglasses in Black Ink with Prizm Ruby lenses (Product Link).
This has consistently been one of our go-to pairs over the years thanks to their casual styling and shape.
Now let’s jump into our review.
Rectangular Design...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do much in mine, but wear mine out while walking... I have an Ultrablend (cerakote SI pair)

While the frame is kinda large, it pales in comparison to some of the sports and active frames.

Sent from Q's Note5

I bought a pair of oakley fuel cell as they were in the lifestyle range of oakley and now after i received them and wear them , they look more like riding sunglasses then lifestyle ones, can anybody who own a pair of fuel cells comment about where all do they use them and can they use them with practically anything in the day to day life ?

I have a few pairs but i only use them while walking and driving and stuff like that. They are great for everyday use but if you are going to use them to any sport, they may not be the best choice.
What Fuel Cell did you buy? Show us a pic

I bought a pair of oakley fuel cell as they were in the lifestyle range of oakley and now after i received them and wear them , they look more like riding sunglasses then lifestyle ones, can anybody who own a pair of fuel cells comment about where all do they use them and can they use them with practically anything in the day to day life ?
I wouldn't consider them riding sunglasses at all.

I have an infinite hero pair, wear them for general day to day stuff, sitting outside coffee shops and pubs mostly. Not riding, they don't fit tight enough for that.

To me, "lifestyle" means "versatile", you can wear them for whatever YOUR day-to-day brings.

I ride an '05 FLHR(road king) and commonly wear Fuel Cells when riding, but I have a windshield on my bike and the wind wont knock my hat/shades off. I like the coverage and protection I get with the large frame and bullet proof lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, "lifestyle" means "versatile", you can wear them for whatever YOUR day-to-day brings.

I ride an '05 FLHR(road king) and commonly wear Fuel Cells when riding, but I have a windshield on my bike and the wind wont knock my hat/shades off. I like the coverage and protection I get with the large frame and bullet proof lenses.

In this pic I'm wearing Army Ranger 75th Inf. Fuel Cells with IH etched Black Iridium lenses. Perfect for my style of riding:)

View attachment 334713

...and thats my little bookie-boo:D
Nice bike bro

Back