• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
They do provide a lot of canvas for custom designs and fades, like Holbrook. They also sit in a kind of middle ground between conservative-casual and sporty. They also aren't expensive by Oakley standards, so I can see why they keep getting produced, year after year.

Love the Gascan S, Gascan and Fuel Cell. All great frames. They are common and offer a nice wrap with great side protection.

By far not the most stylish of Oakley shades but they all have their place and the fact that they are still producing them (all except the S) says a lot about the popularity of them.

13 of them. The majority are customized.

20190904_201934.jpg

They interestingly became quintessential in the "blocky frame" niche, and like mentioned, an ideal canvas for so many editions and customs. Add the SI offering, general pricing and maybe able to take decently-high prescriptions, there's a huge accessibility factor to the pair.

I never got into it, just like I never got into Frogs. I imagine they won't fit me, like most casual frames, but likely fit a whole lot of people's faces.

Great frame, great coverage, sharp simple looks that can be customized.
Really happy that I can finally wear them now.

I'll admit though surprised me to look back and see it's been almost 20 years with these...
Hard to believe they have been running them that long!

Latest Posts

Back