• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Oakley Giclee Romeo sketch/lithograph

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

A lesser known part of the Xmas 2014 Collection, Oakley released 40 each of 4 different sketches they called giclees. One was of the Eye Jacket, one the Sub Zero, one conceptual and the fourth was the Romeo. These are nicely matted (from the factory) and is ready for framing.

The lithograph measures 28" L x 22" H including matting (x metal vault and R1's case shown for scale). It's a real piece of art on textured board and has the look of pencil detail.

Asking $350 delivered CONUS; international at buyers expense.

DSC_0295.JPG
DSC_0297.JPG
DSC_0300.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

20171216_195017.jpg

20171216_195453.jpg

20171216_195641.jpg

20171216_195707.jpg

20171216_195053.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
ttt

Last edited:
Too soon to bump?

I was not following when Oakley released these art prints,now looking at them It seems to me very obvious that this sketch is made after the product was finished as illustration sketch,It doesn't look like the early concept sketches that they designers select for development of the project-that would be something I would be looking for....the perspective ,rendering style and precision with which the drawing is made clearly looks like it was done after the product was designed already...
Please don't take it as sabotaging your post its not against Car guys post:) Its pitty that Oakley could release something much cooler from the development stage of x metals........ :)

I don't mind discussing these my friend, we come here to talk about these sorts of things. I believe that this drawing represents the a point beyond conceptualization- but before production.

I would disagree on a couple of points if I may:
A bullet point states that these will use a base 6 lens... but the production lens is an 8
Another point states possible to use carbon for the arms but they wound up behind cast as well.

So in my humble opinion this represents a point where the Romeo was essentially done but needed just a little more sorting.

One of the other giclees suits your interest better. It's pretty clearly an early Juliet but it doesn't look like the production flex coupler was settled and has a date drawn. A little bit of color to wake it up too:
20151201_235722.jpg

20151201_235731.jpg

20151202_000004.jpg

And the Eye Jacket giclee has a couple of spelling errors that I assume would have been corrected in a more formal release. Bezzle and creese spring are clearly wrong. The detail on the lens is beautiful and the spelling is cool too:
20151201_235803.jpg

20151201_235928.jpg

20151201_235904.jpg

Last edited:
Agree on this point taken these sketches really look more like development sketches for the R1 or other metals,even they look bit like eye jacket true...
The R1 sketch is really beautifull,but these other ones are most likely real development sketches when X metals were being born :)

Personally I think the sketch you are selling of R1 is probably best out of all of them for putting on the wall :)

You could always try and find one of these.
Given out to the first 5 (I think) people in line at the collectors events last year.
E1A1143E-9FAE-4893-B265-02B70DB21901_zpsvgoviw3u.jpg

Username Hidden said:
You could always try and find one of these.
Given out to the first 5 (I think) people in line at the collectors events last year.
E1A1143E-9FAE-4893-B265-02B70DB21901_zpsvgoviw3u.jpg
What does that one measure? That's a cool one too and I've not seen that one in person. Was it given out already matted or rolled up? The production giclees are on 1/4" foam backing and printed on textured paper. How were these sketches packaged and presented?

Back