• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Gunmetal Twenty XX

Jason1

Oakley Beginner
Hi All,

I have seen the Oakley Gunmetal Twenty XX in Fire and Emerald. I was wondering if these were also made with the Ice Iridium? Thanks

Im pretty sure they did. Post some pics of yours if possible...

Be careful, there were two versions of the xx/twenty. The first version, referred to as xx, came out around 1999/2000. There were a lot of color combinations, some of the more popular ones at the time being the fmj colorway (silver) with ice, fire, or emerald lenses and matching nose bombs and ear socks. There was supposedly a release of a gunmetal/ice colorway, but i have never seen it.
The new version, referred to at 'twenty' sas released around 2012 and was much more limited in the colorway options. One that was availible was a gunmetal/fire combo. There were no other lens options with the gunmetal frame (which is more of a dark gold color). I have both a pair of xx fmj/ice and twenty gunmetal/fire. Ill try to post pics later. Hope this helps (and makes sense).

XX fmj/ice in top left of photo
Twenty gunmetal/fire in bottom right

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply and good information! I am definetly looking for the original xx with Gunmetal/Ice. I have some people telling me that it was never made and some people telling me that it does exist. I have never seen them either. Thank you for the pics! I love the Gunmetal Frame Color!!
Thans

Hi All,

I have seen the Oakley Gunmetal Twenty XX in Fire and Emerald. I was wondering if these were also made with the Ice Iridium? Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470738912.442101.jpg

E="P226, post: 763864, member: 16729"]
Thanks for the reply and good information! I am definetly looking for the original xx with Gunmetal/Ice. I have some people telling me that it was never made and some people telling me that it does exist. I have never seen them either. Thank you for the pics! I love the Gunmetal Frame Color!!
Thans[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell just from this photo I liked the 1st frames on right with orange lenses. Sorry I don't remember the names to all the different colors. If I was there I might like other pair just from what I can see on my little phone I like those the best. All nice though.

Back