• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Half Jacket Questions

It works, but its a bit of a compromise. The Bottlecap has squared lenses and the Half Jacket is more rounded. There is a gap on the outside edge when the lens in installed, it is noticeable.
Thanks for the info!

I need to get to an Oakley store and see how noticeable this is. I'm not overly concerned about the looks as it's just for sports. I can always put the lenses back on the HJ frame when desired.

Are there any other frames other than the Bottlecap that would accept the HJ lenses?

Or any arms that might fit the HJ frame? Might the Bottlecap arms fit the HJ frame?

If you do end up with a new pair Radar XL frames are made taller from the nose up to address the issue you described, and the M Frame 3.0 has stems that are flat to better interface with ear muffs.

Have you tried contacts?

If you do end up with a new pair Radar XL frames are made taller from the nose up to address the issue you described, and the M Frame 3.0 has stems that are flat to better interface with ear muffs.

Have you tried contacts?
Yeah if I end up buying new, I'll definitely go with the M Frame or Radar XL. I don't think either looks great from a style perspective (my personal taste), but they definitely meet the performance requirements I have in mind.

Yeah, I can use contacts, but I don't find them very comfortable after a few hours. Plus it's another expense (I use daily disposables) and adds up over time.

I'm going to try using earmuffs over the Half Jacket after removing the temple sleeves. That should slightly improve the seal. If so, that aspect plus the switch to the large nose pads to get the lenses higher and farther from my face, might salvage my existing setup and allow me to get more use out of it.

I wish Oakley would design their products with more interchangeability among similar lines. I realize this isn't a big deal for people who don't use Rx lenses, but for those of us who purchase multiple Rx lenses, the investment is pretty large and planned obsolescence hits us hard. Lesson learned I guess.

was looking at my Fast Jacket and where the hinge meets the frame looks similar to the HJ 1.0 but i've never tried to pop it out to try and see

was looking at my Fast Jacket and where the hinge meets the frame looks similar to the HJ 1.0 but i've never tried to pop it out to try and see
Thanks for mentioning that. I'm going to try and get to an Oakley store this week, so I'll be sure to take a close look at the FJ's to check arm compatibility.

Went to an Oakley store today. Unfortunately the arms from the various frames I looked at, including the HJ 2.0, Flak Jacket and Fast Jacket, will not fit the Half Jacket.

The HJ lenses loosely fit the BottleRocket frame, but not snugly enough that I'd trust the frame to hold the lenses if it gets banged around. They didn't have the Bottlecap, I think it's been discontinued and replaced by the BottleRocket.

Back