• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Half X & Romeo 2.0 fit questions

tele

Oakley Expert
Hello,

I am planning to buy one of these glasses and wonder if they'll fit comfortably on a 59cm head?

If someone could measure the sunglasses distance between the tips of the arms it would be of assistance.

Thanks alot

I'm not familiar with head size dimensions. If you have tried other omatter frames that you like the fit and coverage, let us know as it's easier to compare and relate to. Eg. Flak 1, quarter jacket etc

Thanks. I've been wearing half wire 2.0. Mars x metal with 25 temple shocks are too tight. Oakley Why 3 were also a good fit.

Thanks. I've been wearing half wire 2.0. Mars x metal with 25 temple shocks are too tight. Oakley Why 3 were also a good fit.
I feel the same way about Mars with 25 t shocks. Personally I have an R2 and really enjoy how light the frame is. Nice fit! Problem is that aftermarket anything except lenses is essentially impossible to come by. Linegear doesn't (as of yet or have any plans to) make replacement rubber. Also, if the screws that retain the lenses are missing you are hosed... The Half x has lenses that come down a bit far and touch my cheeks. Several people have modified the lenses to improve the fit substantially. The Half X suffers from a crippling design flaw in that the spring hinges are prone to giving out. There is no fix for them once those hinges break. For that reason the half x is fairly easy to pick up... Doesn't get much love on the forum, haha.

You should try Mars with 15 shocks. Mars fit and coverage are very similar to half x, with the latter offering more side coverage and forgiving fit due to spring hinges. The half x frame doesn't flex at the bridge so if you need something to accommodate slightly flatter like Asian fit then you may encounter challenges.

R2 has a fit similar to juliets and provide better coverage than juliets and Mars.

WHY3 is a flat frame, so they generally fit everyone without issues. I've got all 3 pairs of your models lying around my house so I can take some comparison pics against R2 and Half X when I get some time tonight.

Half X has flawed hinges but can be repaired (I've fixed a few pairs already; replacement hinges aren't spring loaded). R2 screws can be improvised and i'm trying to get replacements made for them. Should be available in the near future.

You should try Mars with 15 shocks. Mars fit and coverage are very similar to half x, with the latter offering more side coverage and forgiving fit due to spring hinges. The half x frame doesn't flex at the bridge so if you need something to accommodate slightly flatter like Asian fit then you may encounter challenges.

R2 has a fit similar to juliets and provide better coverage than juliets and Mars.

WHY3 is a flat frame, so they generally fit everyone without issues. I've got all 3 pairs of your models lying around my house so I can take some comparison pics against R2 and Half X when I get some time tonight.

Half X has flawed hinges but can be repaired (I've fixed a few pairs already; replacement hinges aren't spring loaded). R2 screws can be improvised and i'm trying to get replacements made for them. Should be available in the near future.
Seriously, we are SO LUCKY to have @jdd32 here. This guy is legit! Definitely +1 on the mars with the 15 t-shocks. That is one of my favorite daily wear pairs. Maybe I will look to pick up an extra half x and just send it to him to fix up the hinges. I hate those spring loaded hinges...

Sometimes you can score a bargain Half X for about $100. In fact I got both my pairs for under $100 and a 3rd pair that luckily came with a box and spare lenses for about $120 iirc.

Back