• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Oakley Holbrook sunglasses are a signature square design. This guide breaks down the Holbrook frame and lenses so you can buy the right pair!

Background
The Oakley Holbrook was released in 2010 and have become one of the most popular lifestyle Oakleys alongside the Gascans. With over 15 standard colorways and several variations, including the XL size, Mix, R, XS, Ti, and prescription, the market seems to constantly be looking for more.
Oakley-Holbrook--1024x683.jpg
Holbrook Heaven and Earth Edition
Frame Design
Holbrooks have a distinct squared frame that will look best on people with round, oval, or rectangular faces. They are currently available in both O Matter and Metal frames (more on that to come). As...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Oakley-Holbrook--1024x683.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 164
    25.2 KB · Views: 138
    25.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
One of my top 3 frames. Depends on how ocd I am. Between these, jawbone's, and fuelcells. Have two Rx pair.
It's one of those frames that survives fads. Crappy fads like the Clifton (or whatever) sutro, dispatch, etc

Holbrooks are one of my favorite every day go to frames. They are light, fit well and in my opinion have great coverage. Not only that there are a bunch of frame options and a bunch of lens options so you can pretty much make it your own creation. Hell I got all three sized...XL, Reg, XS...I could do another comparison shot...

Tried frog skins...not for me. Kinda small and don’t wrap around enough for good coverage.

My wife loves me in Holbrooks, pesters me to wear them all the time. Least of my favorite. ...least of the least.
X Metals..too bad ass not to be THE favorite.

Both are plastic junk

That's why I only use them for motorcycle riding...
They do slide inside the helmet non constrictive, and no presurre on the head/ears, and that, is when I do wear them.

Holbrooks are my favorite modern non metal frame. I tried for many years to like Ray-Ban Wayfarers and they just feel too dated. The Holbrooks feel like a much more modern interpretation and I just don’t like how wrap around sunglasses look on me aside from M Frames. My favorite sunglasses of all time are Randolph Aviators and are my go to despite the price, but I like the Holbrooks for variety and I actually wear them the most out of all my sunglasses. The Randolphs have even better clarity due likely to the fact that they’re glass and on top of that I don’t like glass polarized lenses since it has to be a film layer to polarize. The Holbrooks are my only polarized pair and I feel like for whatever reason the polarization is more seamless since in most cases it’s built into the lens.

The only pair of Oakley sunglasses I own are Holbrooks.

Once I started wearing them I realized I should probably get something wider and that wraps to my face. But I bought them because I loved the color scheme and I won't be parting with them anytime soon.

They've been a great intro into Oakley for me, and have helped me see the difference in quality between Oakley and stuff you buy at Walmart, a gas station, or some of these online sunglass companies.

Back