• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Holbrook Wrong Prescription

TheBiggBoss78

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I ordered Oakley Holbrook Prescription Sunglasses from Opticsplanet.com (authorized Oakley dealer). As I put them on I noticed that something was wrong. My optometrist measured them and found that PD was off by 4mm and cylinder angle was off by 3 degrees. My question is: who cuts the lenses? At opticsplanet they claim that Oakley sends them lenses and they snap them into frames from their stock. Oakley has a very good reputation, I find hard to believe that they would screw up like this. If this is true, Oakley did a very crappy job on a very expensive glasses.

Hi all,

I ordered Oakley Holbrook Prescription Sunglasses from Opticsplanet.com (authorized Oakley dealer). As I put them on I noticed that something was wrong. My optometrist measured them and found that PD was off by 4mm and cylinder angle was off by 3 degrees. My question is: who cuts the lenses? At opticsplanet they claim that Oakley sends them lenses and they snap them into frames from their stock. Oakley has a very good reputation, I find hard to believe that they would screw up like this. If this is true, Oakley did a very crappy job on a very expensive glasses.

I have had problems with getting the wrong prescription from Oakley, it's not just oakley, allot of componies have that problem, just send it back and they will fix it.

If the Rx lenses were made by Oakley, there should be an Oakley "O" etched into the lower left corner of the left lens.
Whether or not the lenses were made by Oakley, OpticsPlanet should replace the lenses for you if they don't match the Rx you ordered, regardless of their return policy -- assuming they are a reputable optician.

If the Rx lenses were made by Oakley, there should be an Oakley "O" etched into the lower left corner of the left lens.
Whether or not the lenses were made by Oakley, OpticsPlanet should replace the lenses for you if they don't match the Rx you ordered, regardless of their return policy -- assuming they are a reputable optician.
I agree, if they made a mess of them they are not fit for purpose and need to be replaced. If they are genuine Oakley lenses (i.e. an "o" etched on the lense) they should have been sent directly to Oakley. I don't think they send out their uncut lenses to opticians.

Agree with all the posts. Oakleys lab doesn't send out lens blanks for Drs or outside labs to cut. Look for the O. Your warranty for an authentic oakley lens actually comes with a one time redo within a two year period and a Drs redo if the patient had issues with adapting to the rx.

They can order lenses only and pop the rx lens into the frame. It sounds like the order was placed with incorrect prescription somewhere. Either with the online site placin the order to oakley or the lab itself. Either way you should get it fixed

As others have said, if this is the authentic Oakley, look for "o" in bottom left lens.
As for 2 week return policy.... you are not trying to return your item.... You have noticed something off, in this case the PD measurement and need what is called a "Redo"

My friend just had the exact same issue from the LensCrafter last year.
They noticed something was not reading correctly and Oakley did a redo for his prescription job.

I would imagine OpticsPlanet has better service than just 2 weeks and then goodbye to you mr customer..

Back