• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Holeshot losing time

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I just bought a second hand hoelshot. I first set the time and after a few days noticed it was off by several minutes. I had the chronograph hand moving in time with my second hand and thought maybe the added stress on the system caused the time function t9 lose time. I then turned the chronograph off and reset the time. After 3 days I checked it again and I was 7 mins slow. The second haND seems to be running fine without any indication that the battery is bad. Do you think it's a battery issue or a service issue?

I'm inclined to say battery issue. This is what I would check first, if for no other reasons than it is cheap and user serviceable.
Nice to see you back here and I hope that all is well with you!

I have the same problem with mine. It wasn't a battery issue, but the cheap ETA movement used. It is non-serviceable and the only fix is replacement. I don't even know if Oakley carries the movement anymore since the movement was discontinued by the Swiss company this year. Here is a link for more info on the movement servicing ETA G10.711 (Tag Heuer f1 CAH1110)

Back