• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley how about some classic reissues??

I'd like a re-issue of a 1970 GTO RAIV, but it too is highly unlikely.
Better for Lux to concentrate on superior R&D, and quality control for the Oakley brand.
The market for "old stuff" is reading this page.

Still a lot easier to throw some plastic in the molds then make a 70 GTO pass today's regulations:)

Virtually everything that isn't an M-Frame has become obsolete or too out of style. I would've loved a fresh Splice, but O/Lux has no incentive to revive it beyond a few collectors.

If Lux can bring back the top of the line Ray Ban Ultra series 10 years after buying the brand off B&L in 1999, I'm sure they can do the same for Oakley and retro their original X-Metal Romeo and Mars as anniversary models (20th anniversary next year). One can hope.

If Lux can bring back the top of the line Ray Ban Ultra series 10 years after buying the brand off B&L in 1999, I'm sure they can do the same for Oakley and retro their original X-Metal Romeo and Mars as anniversary models (20th anniversary next year). One can hope.

I'm not going to be holding my breath.....................

Ok, this deluded dream must DIE,DIE,DIE!
The re-issue of the E Wire and Square Wire, went nowhere.
For the same cash outlay, you could pick up a couple of originals, and rebuild them, IF necessary.
Same for the X metals; can you just imagine the reproduction costs up front, compared to projected sales?
If you want XMs, buy 'em NOW.
You snooze, you lose...
:gotcha:

The old eye jackets and first generation minutes were what got me into oakley was actually lucky enough to find my first pair of Oakley at a rugby club after a festival long since lost them but would love to see a return to the styles of old

Back