• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley HQ Closing

xmetal40

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
Sorry if already posted. Not sure of the time frame, but can confirm that Luxottica, Oakley's Parent company, is closing the One Icon, Foothill Ranch, CA HQ. Have been told from several reliable sources. A very sad day for Oakley.

I think the Hq store closes on Sundays but as for shutting down the whole places. Haven't heard anything like that yet. It might be a long long while before this happen. Hq might be cut down smaller with activities. Not sure about closing up shop that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heard that today as well. Heard lux wants everything under its watch at headquarters.

With the layoffs announced the other month there were a number of HQ functions getting absorbed by Lux but there were still some activities being left at the Oakley HQ and something was said about keeping the site as a symbol if nothing else, or something like that.

Could what you have heard been a distorted version of that news, or is it supposed to be more on top of that?

With the layoffs announced the other month there were a number of HQ functions getting absorbed by Lux but there were still some activities being left at the Oakley HQ and something was said about keeping the site as a symbol if nothing else, or something like that.

Could what you have heard been a distorted version of that news, or is it supposed to be more on top of that?
That's what I heard, possibly R&D type stuff being kept out west. But anything is possible.

Sent from Q's Note5

That is a key symbol of Oakley closing it down would truly be a final fu to the Oakley of old.

Back