• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley HQ Visit

Floater

Oakley Expert
Huntsvegas
Hey all. I have a short opportunity to visit HQ while on business travel. I hope I can make it there before closing. Any pointers? If you have any good stuff, please PM me if needed. I'm excited to go, and this may be my only opportunity for a while.
Thanks

Don't expect it to be like visiting the museum of natural history.

The stuff you actually get to see is only a small portion of the actual size of the building. Some people may get disappointed.

There's the lobby and at the back a couple of stores on each side.

Unless you get a guided tour of the facility though. That's different.

I heard the museum is still under construction. Has a very nice display setup though with all the Oakley relics in giant display pedestals

I read a post on here a few days ago, that said the OP was able to get a tour, so I'm not sure if it's still under construction or not. I will try to call ahead. What does it take to see some of the secret areas? :)

I read a post on here a few days ago, that said the OP was able to get a tour, so I'm not sure if it's still under construction or not. I will try to call ahead. What does it take to see some of the secret areas? :)
It could be any combination of the following:
A) a brief case of cash
B) geared up in vintage Oakley gear. R1 with AP gear may do the trick
C) you know someone who is an employee of Oakley
D) you're friendly to the staff and ask about it

If all else fails, borrow the keys to the tank and take it for a spin to get the attention you deserved :D

There is or used to be one person that did tours. Calling ahead will help and if that person is still there it will depend on their availability. You might need to call a couple of time to get transferred to the correct person. Being extremely polite will benefit but not guarantee that you will get a tour.

Go touch the store front, Take a nap on the helo pad, use the RC car track, sit on the tank, take a picture of the torpedo between your legs, sit on the fighter jet seats inside and get some replacement rubbers at the walk in warranty department.

When I went in June of last year STEVE gave me the tour, But is was all set up in advance a surprise from my lovely wife...

Back