• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Ruby vs. Red is similar but obviously unique lenses. Will likely have a post on those soon too!
Ruby seems more uniform in how they evolved/easier to follow over +Red Iridium with all the variants that came about. Especially around the mid-late 2000's as you got Light Red & OO Red thrown in the mix as well.

Or are you speaking about original Red Iridium found on M-Frames, that's now referred to as Old School Fire/resembles what Fruby looks like?

I am still unsure about how to determine Ice or Blue Iridium.
Here one of two JB Juliet unworn I bought and the lenses in both have a grey base tint.
Clearly the lenses in both did not have a amber base tint.

1656772905879.png

1656772931734.png

1656772949513.png

1656772966959.png

I am still unsure about how to determine Ice or Blue Iridium.
Here one of two JB Juliet unworn I bought and the lenses in both have a grey base tint.
Clearly the lenses in both did not have a amber base tint.

View attachment 974348

View attachment 974349

View attachment 974350
View attachment 974351
I always thought blue iridium has those ‘hints’ of purple around the peripheral of 8-based lenses whereas ice doesn’t have that. It’s more of a uniform ‘colder’ blue whereas the blue iridium has that warmer blue with purple. Just my thoughts and it’s probably pretty hard to tell the difference without seeing them side-by-side.

Back