• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
We break down the Oakley Warranty that comes with eyewear, apparel, footwear, and accessories and how it might save you a few dollars if you need repairs.
How do I know if my Oakleys have a warranty?
Before we jump into what the Oakley warranty covers, how you might file a claim, and more. First, we need to ask, do you have a warranty at all? Luckily, the answer is Yes. All Oakley Eyewear (Sunglasses, Goggles, Eyeglasses), Apparel, Footwear, and Accessories come with a warranty.
The warranties themselves differ between product types, so scroll down to see how long and for what yours actually covers...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Bought Oakley 1.5 years ago, just found out that the rubber wrapper on one of the leg deteriorates, bare metal shows and pretty ugly, about 3 inch long. I am surprised seeing this as even some of the cheap glass I have last longer.

Went to Oakley website and happy to see they off 2 year warranty, and a page outline how to seek warranty service, So I sent the email to their warranty service department along with the receipt and the damaged leg picture.. 3 days later got an email saying I have to deal with the retailer as "Oakley does not service any parts and does not store any parts". For $100 pair glass this is the warranty you will get!

Bought Oakley 1.5 years ago, just found out that the rubber wrapper on one of the leg deteriorates, bare metal shows and pretty ugly, about 3 inch long. I am surprised seeing this as even some of the cheap glass I have last longer.

Went to Oakley website and happy to see they off 2 year warranty, and a page outline how to seek warranty service, So I sent the email to their warranty service department along with the receipt and the damaged leg picture.. 3 days later got an email saying I have to deal with the retailer as "Oakley does not service any parts and does not store any parts". For $100 pair glass this is the warranty you will get!
Yeah man... Pretty much! Their quality and service has really gone down hill. Most of us like the old Oakley, pre Luxottica Corp... Maybe we can help you get new replacement rubber. Can you post a pic of the glasses?

Welcome to the forum!

1. Welcome to the forum.
2. Great first post.
3. The earsocks are "wear" items typically and they will need to be replaced due to use. It shouldn't be a warranty issue. Frame cracking, discoloring, etc.will fall under warranty but not earsocks (or nose bombs)
4. Which Oakley model did you get? (you didn't state it in your post)
5. Reason why cheaper glasses earsocks may last longer may be that they are lower quality, harder rubber.

Thanks for the warm welcome

the model is Oakley Mens Crosslink Sweep OX8033-0155Satin Black Eyeglasses - Rx Ready

I have attached a picture to show the damage, surprised to hear that these eye socks are not even in warranty covered, I guess there is also no place I can buy the replacement? effectively means Oakley glass will last as long as the eye socks? That doesn't sound too good as it obviously doesn't last long.... 20181011_203600.png

Thanks for the warm welcome

the model is Oakley Mens Crosslink Sweep OX8033-0155Satin Black Eyeglasses - Rx Ready

I have attached a picture to show the damage, surprised to hear that these eye socks are not even in warranty covered, I guess there is also no place I can buy the replacement? effectively means Oakley glass will last as long as the eye socks? That doesn't sound too good as it obviously doesn't last long....View attachment 537230
You can extend the life of the ear socks significantly if you wash the oil off of them after you wear them. It keeps the rubber fresh. I wash all mine with soap and warm water after use, and for my Rx frames I wash them at the end of every day. Maybe I just make a lot of oil, lol.

I
Ha! i didnt ever know they exists! will try and thanks a lot!
No worries and you're welcome. Even if it is aftermarket it is relatively cheap and better than what you've got now! You may find authentic oakley replacement socks on Ebay as well, that was just a quick search to show you there is hope, haha! Good luck!

Oakley crosslink Earsocks should be easy to find for $12ish. I have a green set in stock if you are feeling like something with a little more flair... Ps- Luxottica customer service are idiots . They should be able to send out an earsock for heaven's sake :( but they now deal with so many brands they probably don't even know what they are looking at.

Back