• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley in-residence - SYDNEY

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
At the request of a few members from here, I went out today to check out Oakley In-Residence here in Sydney. It's a month long event for the whole November with the theme of skateboarding. There's free workshops on art & creativity sessions usually hosted on Sundays and some on Thursday/Friday evenings. More details here: http://www.oakley.com/en/in-residence/sydney

The following is a recount of my visit today during lunch.

On the way from Central station, you'll see a nice bilboard:

DSC_5801.jpg

Outside the venue:
DSC_5803.jpg

Inside:
DSC_5857.jpg

DSC_5822.jpg

DSC_5804.jpg

DSC_5805.jpg

Exhibition of posters:

DSC_5828.jpg

Exhibition of photos:
DSC_5806.jpg

Exhibition of used skateboards that will be auctioned off at the closure of event:
DSC_5819.jpg

Promotional stuff on the new Latch where you can also place an order for a custom build:
DSC_5825.jpg

DSC_5826.jpg

DSC_5827.jpg

And finally, a place to show off your tricks with a few skate ramps indoor:
DSC_5808.jpg

All in all, it's a nice setup but I question the choice of opening hours and locale as both are completely missing their target audience of youth. This place as situated at the heart of CBD in a business district with opening hours like a business (10am-6pm weekdays, extended hours on Saturdays). Oh, and no freebies. Not even a commemorative flyer :eek: :mad: :(

There's reprint of those posters available for sale at 35usd each.

There's not even a brochure or a pamphlet available as memorabilia. I mean, how hard is it to print something for visitors... :(

Back