• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Inmate Vs Plaintiff.

Forgoten214

Oakley Beginner
Allentown, PA
What's the difference between these models besides the lens shape? They both seem to be modified Aviator type of sunglasses.

What's the difference in fit between the two models? Which one fits more snug and which one is larger?

Best way to describe both models?

Oh I just noticed the Plaintiff is available in custom :). No Polarized lenses and not a lot of options though.

Maybe the Inmate's will be available in custom soon as well, since they seem to be pretty popular and sell well.

I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Plaintiff's I currently have and get a pair of Inmate's as well or should I exchange the Plaintiff's for a pair of Inmate's. The Plaintiff's seem a tad bit small on my face.

Opinions anyone?

inmates wont b done in custom ever. they are to hard to do. they do fit pretty similar to the plaintiff in my opinion. they have a more squared off look which might not hit the cheeks are much as the real true looking aviator style. there both sweet but really to totally different looks. inmate is the cool edgy aviator and the plaintiff is the more generic one in terms of look. personally i'll rock both

inmate is better imo, the fit i snug on my face and they really stand out. the only color that stands out on the plaintiff is the polished chrome/chrome iridium. most of the colorways are copied over from the inmate. best color is polished gold/dark grey but i havent seen them around anymore so i believe they discountinued it

ya the gold is discontinued. it was nice little to flashly for me though haha. but i do love my inmates dont get me wrong. the plaintiffs will be mine soon though

Inmates have a solid C-5 Alloy hinge which makes them fitmore snuggly than the Plaintiffs with the titanium "mono-shock" hinges. They fit pretty comparably but with the big difference in weight, the Plaintiffs seem more comfortable to me. Also, original poster, there will be custom polarized lenses when the retail stores start getting them.

I have an odd question about the Inmates...The non-polarized version with the bronze like lense (ird the name offhand)....if you are outside and the sun is shining dirctly on your face can someone see through them? I want to buy a pair but dont want to spend the extra cash for the polarized on these particular glasses but I cant stand if someone can see my eyes through my shades. Its just a pet peve for me. Help please lol

on the dark bronze lens they will see your eyes, not clearly but they will still see them. you will have to go with the black iridium on the polarized because even on the polish chrome/vr28 black iridium your eyes can still show

Back