• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbone Livestrong Icon Dirt

marvs01

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys,

Im new here, hmm, i got this jawbone as a gift from my sis and i wasn't able check it in details. By the time on going to use it, for the first time, i noticed it it has some brownish dirt-like stain/mark in right icon. Since then, i started to get consious about the dirt. i tried to use the micro fiber cloth to remove it but it simply sticked and hard to remove from the icon. I haven't tried any other way to remove it, simply i dont want to mess it up. i have few questions in mind since you guys are with this hobby longer than i do. My sister's bad, she lost the receipt and we only have are the other papers.

-will the oakley service center can do the trick to remove the dirt? ill just pay for the services.:sad:
-does the yellow jawbone icon are available in the service centers? ill have replaced then

Thank you very much!! other suggesttion are very much welcome!:smile:

Hi Guys,

Im new here, hmm, i got this jawbone as a gift from my sis and i wasn't able check it in details. By the time on going to use it, for the first time, i noticed it it has some brownish dirt-like stain/mark in right icon. Since then, i started to get consious about the dirt. i tried to use the micro fiber cloth to remove it but it simply sticked and hard to remove from the icon. I haven't tried any other way to remove it, simply i dont want to mess it up. i have few questions in mind since you guys are with this hobby longer than i do. My sister's bad, she lost the receipt and we only have are the other papers.

-will the oakley service center can do the trick to remove the dirt? ill just pay for the services.:sad:
-does the yellow jawbone icon are available in the service centers? ill have replaced then

Thank you very much!! other suggesttion are very much welcome!:smile:

I'd first try to clean it with some lukewarm soapy water and a soft bristle toothbrush. Remove the lenses and GENTLY scrub the area with the dirt with the soapy water. The soap and water should lift the dirt away without the bristles grinding it in like sandpaper. Just remember to be GENTLE.

Post a pic. Hope your pair is genuine. I posted about a Jawbone and it was said the Livestrong ones are being faked.

I'd first try to clean it with some lukewarm soapy water and a soft bristle toothbrush. Remove the lenses and GENTLY scrub the area with the dirt with the soapy water. The soap and water should lift the dirt away without the bristles grinding it in like sandpaper. Just remember to be GENTLE.

Post a pic. Hope your pair is genuine. I posted about a Jawbone and it was said the Livestrong ones are being faked.

@MaukaRunner- Thank you so much for your suggestion. Ill try it later once i get home. ill also try post some pics later. Thanks!

@BriP- Thank you!!

- Just to update this thread, i went to Oakley service center, they just checked my jawbone, no papers/receipts asked then they brought to their on-site technician. After ten minutes, the dirt/stain are gone!!Good lord!! They used specialized erasers for this kind of stain. They also said that some livestrong editions has this problem, may not be seen on the icon itself, but on the other part of the frame is possible. The service was free!

Thank you very much guys for the help!!

Latest Posts

Back