• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbone Size

the piper said:
I realize Luxx bought things in 07....I was hinting the Oakley brand name also will be lost at some point The company went south a long time ago by making fashion oriented huge glasses instead ofwhat their fan base was used to..latest trend seems to be make pair with 2 large lenses then combine same into 1 lens and call it "new".

LOL....that's funny cause its true. But I find it really hard to fathom the Oakley name will ever vanish....too much cachet attached to it. But...stranger things have happened. Hope it doesn't and i hope the company comes back around to more innovation. I also agree with another comment above about how the Jawbones look better in pics than on the face..and smaller in pics

Straight jacket 2 and minute 2 along w/ Gascan S fit me better than anything else. Jawbones and Tens do not fit at all and as I said the MD fits inside a Pit Bull to give u an idea of size difference. Split Jacket is on borderline but I do not bicycle so for me the cost was a factor too... also IMO SJ just looks better as an everyday pair...

I own both pairs (Jawbone and Split Jacket).

The Jawbone is pretty big. Split Jackets fit my face much better. I do agree with the OP that the Jawbones are more aggressive looking.

I wear Monster Dogs as my every day pair and those fit me perfect. So if you're comparing them to Monster Pups, i'd say the Jawbones would be way too big for you.

the piper said:
Straight jacket 2 and minute 2

i've tried on a pair of minute 2.0's. they fit pretty good, except i felt that they were too wide in the front. of course, the pair i tried on was a friends and they have a lot of miles on them and they could have just been stretched out a little bit. anyway, even though they look almost identical, i like straight jackets a little more than the minute 2.0's. how do the straight jackets fit compared to the minute 2.0's? on the overhead view on oakley.com, it looks like the minutes are straighter on the sides where straight jackets wrap more. that would probably solve the problem of minutes being too wide in the front.

SpliceD said:
I wear Monster Dogs as my every day pair and those fit me perfect.

i own monster pups, but monster dogs aren't overly big on me. just bigger than i prefer. are the split jackets bigger than monster dogs, smaller or about the same?

SpliceD said:
I own both pairs (Jawbone and Split Jacket).

The Jawbone is pretty big. Split Jackets fit my face much better. I do agree with the OP that the Jawbones are more aggressive looking.

I wear Monster Dogs as my every day pair and those fit me perfect. So if you're comparing them to Monster Pups, i'd say the Jawbones would be way too big for you.

I agree 100% I tried on Jawbones for the first time a few weeks ago, and figured they would look awesome, because they look so agressive and nice off my face, but they were too big! So I tried on the Split Jackets and they fit much nicer. Sometimes it has nothing to do with which one looks nice off your face, and more to do with the size of your head!

On my face, the Split Jackets fit very close to the Monster Dogs. The Monster Dogs feel a bit more snug, which is nice since they don't have any Unobtanium and they don't slip even while playing sports. The Split Jackets are also snug, but the Unobtanium ear socks and nose pieces definitely help. I also used the bigger sized nose pieces for the Split Jackets.

I'd say the minute 2 and SJ 2 are very similar in fit but the SJ may be a bit snugger behind the ears also SJ has unobtanium on nose...sad the Minute 2.0 is being deleted..also I have found Minutes can vary pair to pair My Black ones fit snugger than Cinder ones a bit...Nothing wrong with bigger frames if they fit u but do NOT believe O when they tell u Pit Bull fits exactly same as MD..as I said MD can fit inside PB...I had to return my 2 pairs of PB because I stupidly went on telesales word and didnt try on first. If u like the SJ and Minute I suggest scoffing them up on O and Ebay as in a year they will be "vintage" at least in availability..especially Minute

the piper said:
I'd say the minute 2 and SJ 2 are very similar in fit but the SJ may be a bit snugger behind the ears also SJ has unobtanium on nose...sad the Minute 2.0 is being deleted..also I have found Minutes can vary pair to pair My Black ones fit snugger than Cinder ones a bit...Nothing wrong with bigger frames if they fit u but do NOT believe O when they tell u Pit Bull fits exactly same as MD..as I said MD can fit inside PB...I had to return my 2 pairs of PB because I stupidly went on telesales word and didnt try on first. If u like the SJ and Minute I suggest scoffing them up on O and Ebay as in a year they will be "vintage" at least in availability..especially Minute

if the straight jackets are tighter behind the ears, it seems that they may have a little more wrap. since my only complaint with the minutes were that they were too wide in the front, it sounds like straight jackets may work out better.

SpliceD said:
On my face, the Split Jackets fit very close to the Monster Dogs. The Monster Dogs feel a bit more snug, which is nice since they don't have any Unobtanium and they don't slip even while playing sports. The Split Jackets are also snug, but the Unobtanium ear socks and nose pieces definitely help. I also used the bigger sized nose pieces for the Split Jackets.

thanks for your help. what about lens size? is that about the same between both frames?

anyone have a picture of a metallic red pair of straight jackets? all i can find are the stock photos. i think a red frame would look nice, but i'm not big on the metallic part. wondering how the metallic flakes look in person?

I took some pics of the Split Jacket, Jawbone, and the Monster Dog to give you a size comparison. They're not the greatest pics, but hopefully it'll give you at least a frame of reference (no pun intended :) )

Top-Split Jacket / Bottom-Jawbone

Top-Split Jacket / Bottom-Jawbone

Top-Monster Dog / Bottom-Split Jacket

Top-Monster Dog / Bottom-Split Jacket

Hopefully you can tell that the Jawbones are slightly bigger in the orbitals and that little "fin" on the lower jaw makes them look that much bigger. The earstems are about the same length.

With the Monster Dog, the earstems are only slightly longer while the orbitals are very similar in size and shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back