• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbone Size

thanks alot for taking the time to take the pics. that helps tremendously!

it looks like the split jackets are about the same size as monster dogs only with a thinner frame and stems. the split jackets may have a slightly smaller lens, or it could be the angle of the picture. i agree with you that the lip on the bottom of the jawbones makes them look much bigger. even though thats one of the things i like about the jawbone, it definitely adds to the size. i'm pretty sure that with my tiny face, the jawbones are definitely out of the question. lol. now i will try to decide between split jackets and straight jackets.

No problem. Anything i can do to help a fellow Oakley fan out :)

I just took a look at the lenses of the Monster Dog and the Split Jacket again and believe it or not, the Split Jacket's lens is actually EVER SO SLIGHTLY bigger. It's due to the shape of the orbital where on the Monster Dog, it angles downward at the nose bridge, giving it a much meaner appearance. But they're really really close to size.

I'd recommend Split Jackets. I've tried on the Straight Jackets at the store, but i seem to like the Split Jackets better... mainly due to the ability to swap lenses much easier than i would the Straight Jackets. Just my $0.02.

And I feel just the opposite because Sj fits better...only answer- try em both on first...My head must be smaller than the average although I am 5'10 165 so not small...I also prefer the clean look without the bolt but if u wanna switch between lenses then the split may better suit u...

thanks for the replies. i really need to head up to an oakley store and try them both on. i think both the split jackets and straight jackets look good in their own way. i think the straight jacket has a bit more of an aggressive look to it. the ability to swap lenses easily is a plus with the split jackets. i only have 3 different oakley's. all with black iridium lenses. but to have the option to switch to a lighter lens just for overcast/cloudy days would be nice.

Latest Posts

Back