• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbone Size

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
none of my local oakley dealers have the jawbone for me to try on, but i am in love with the look of them. i have a small face though, and i fear they will be far too large. i know the split jackets are smaller, but i like the aggressiveness of the jawbones better. the closest frames i have are monster pups. can anyone with experience tell me how much larger they would be than the monster pup/dog?

Bigger than the Monster Dog. Wears bigger than maybe any Oakley frame on my face...except maybe some Radars and M Frames. I love them too...but they're a performance frame only IMO...not for casual use. I also don't think they look as good in person or on the face as Oakley makes them out to be on their site though their digital manipulation of images on their site is nothing new. I wouln't buy a pair without trying them on

i dont like the split jackets as much as the jawbones, but how do split jackets compare to monster dogs/pups in size.

split jackets still bigger than Mp and looser fit than Md on my face but way closer to what u want than JB...despite being 5'10 and 165 I have a hard time with all oakley frames since Minute and SJ 2 except for the Five 4.0's. What color did u customize? I was on fence abt a Matte RB Gold pair but the SJ fit way better when tried back to back and will disappear relatively soon-6-12 months so my last pair was a Grey Smoke/Ice/Blue icon OCP and that will probably do it for me after 150 pairs unless O develops a smaller wrap.. JB like Tens rest on my cheek and are not a fit for this smaller head although they sell locally more than Tens by abt 5 to one. I see Oakley eventually being assimilated by ray Ban and other Lux companies down the road. Sunglass Hut says O had dropped off by more than 50% in sales since 2007.

the piper said:
split jackets still bigger than Mp and looser fit than Md on my face but way closer to what u want than JB...despite being 5'10 and 165 I have a hard time with all oakley frames since Minute and SJ 2 except for the Five 4.0's. What color did u customize? I was on fence abt a Matte RB Gold pair but the SJ fit way better when tried back to back and will disappear relatively soon-6-12 months so my last pair was a Grey Smoke/Ice/Blue icon OCP and that will probably do it for me after 150 pairs unless O develops a smaller wrap.. JB like Tens rest on my cheek and are not a fit for this smaller head although they sell locally more than Tens by abt 5 to one. I see Oakley eventually being assimilated by ray Ban and other Lux companies down the road. Sunglass Hut says O had dropped off by more than 50% in sales since 2007.

Luxottica already owns Oakley...and Sunglass Hut. If there is a sales dropoff its because the company has abandoned its core fan base which started....hmmm...interesting...in 2007 when Jannard sold to Luxottica

I realize Luxx bought things in 07....I was hinting the Oakley brand name also will be lost at some point The company went south a long time ago by making fashion oriented huge glasses instead ofwhat their fan base was used to..latest trend seems to be make pair with 2 large lenses then combine same into 1 lens and call it "new".

Ya, the brand has become somewhat vanilla, but there are still some great items out there. Personally, I love the way the Jawbones look in pictures and hate the way they look on my face, but that's just me. The are bigger than pictures make them appear in my opinion.

classic Luxx era moment was when they told me tens would be same as Minutes in fit and size...telesales is very erratic these days in their knowledge of product...Glad for Tens fans but If I didnt already have several pairs of Minutes, SJ's, Unknowns, Md's, MP's. Canteens i'd migrate to another brand at this point

the piper said:
What color did u customize?

i have boring taste. i like things simple. lol. i did the frame, jaw and bolt in matte black with positive red iridium lenses, red icons and red earsocks.

the piper said:
I was on fence abt a Matte RB Gold pair but the SJ fit way better when tried back to back and will disappear relatively soon-6-12 months

which one has a better fit back to back?

Latest Posts

Back