• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbones - Matte White W/ Slate Iridium

bentleyvt

Oakley Beginner
Morning folks! I'm new to the forum and just got two new pairs sunglasses. Oakley Jawbone's (Matte White w/ Slate Iridium) & Frogskins (Mesa/Fire Iridium) from Oakley Vault. My last pair of Oakley's I bought when I was 16, Oakley Minute w/ Polarized Black Iridium lenses...and now I'm 28 still have them..is that a record?!? They are looking rather worn these days, ear sock is all worn out and one of the lenses is starting to have a ripple near the edge.

I bought the Jawbone's with hopes of getting polarized lenses seperately, because I like the mirrored look along with the benefits of polarized lenses. Now that I've already made the purchase, I've come to find out getting these lenses may be more difficult since this model has been discontinued. Any ideas where/how to get legit Oakley lenses for the Jawbones? Oakley has OO Black Iridium polarized but thats the closest I've found. I believe the Racing Jacket lenses will fit the Jawbone's but I don't want to look like a dork with vented glasses walking around town.

Thanks!

theres still plenty of lens options without vents. most oakley vaults and even oakleys website will have RJ or Jawbone lenses

theres still plenty of lens options without vents. most oakley vaults and even oakleys website will have RJ or Jawbone lenses

As someone who was looking for non-vented lenses, I don't think "plenty" is how I'd describe it online.
None offered under the RJ selection: http://www.oakley.com/products/7078/26848
Limited availability for some under the Jawbone listings: http://www.oakley.com/products/6273/22877
ebay's selection is heavily aftermarket offerings.

I jumped on the Jawbone/RJ train recently too OP. Non-vented lens totally cleans up the look. I got Black Iridium lenses with my pair from the Vault. My nose needs the Asian Fit pads but there is float, so fogging is hardly an issue. I think for most people this isn't the case, and when you pair that with the fact these are sports pairs, maybe that's what lead Oakley to dominantly offer vented lenses

As yet another person who has tried to find non-vented lenses for the Jawbone/RJ, I can offer the following information:

1. Oakley never offered non-vented lenses for the RJ, only for the Jawbone.
2. The non-vented Jawbone lenses linked to in the post above are not actually for sale. They show up on the website, but you can't add them to your cart.
3. Oakley doesn't have any available, at all, outside of Vaults and O-Stores. I've called them more than once to see if they have any non-vented lenses to sell me over the phone, and they've indicated that they do not.
4. I was eventually able to find a pair of non-vented Black Iridium lenses at a Vault, after calling SIX others, along with all of the O-Stores in my area.

To say that there are still plenty of non-vented options is a little inaccurate in my experience, but I guess it would depend on where you are geographically. In summary, I agree with Ventruck!

Last edited:
Dang, I wish I would have learned this before. I figured that the 'Jawbone' aspect should mean that replacement lenses would be easy to find...after all, mine came with non-vented lens in the first place. I'll search my area and see what I can find.

Back