• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker - Asian Fit Question?

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
Looking on ebay at a pair of Jawbreakers - they are Asian Fit though. Are they just a bit smaller than standard,cause these frames are big anyways?

;)

I'v haven't handled the Asian Fit pair, but they're listed with the same dimensions as the regular fit on the Oakley website.

• 1 Lens Width.................131 mm
  • 2 Bridge Width...............0 mm
  • 3 Lens Height.................53 mm
  • 4 Temple Arm Length....121 mm

Only exceptional case I know of is when a member mentioned a different finish on one of his lenses (rounder edges), and I believe the ultimatum there was one of his pairs could've been a sample since he never disclosed where it came from based off another user's experience in that thread. The AF and regular lenses from production were also measured to be the same.
Difference in Shapes for Jawbreaker Lenses?

Given that the stems are adjustable and the AF nose piece is provided, I don't know why the Jawbreaker is marketed with an AF variant. Never talked to CS about it, so I'd only say I'm 99.9% sure they're the same. Would be very surprised if there was a difference.

Generally speaking AF models are generally the same size measurement wise but have a smaller space between nosepads and the front portion is flatter
20150603_103744_asianfit-nose-bridge1.png
20150603_103707_asianfit-frame1.png

Generally speaking AF models are generally the same size measurement wise but have a smaller space between nosepads and the front portion is flatter
20150603_103744_asianfit-nose-bridge1.png
20150603_103707_asianfit-frame1.png
The change in the frame front only applies to few frames. Gascans are the most obviously different pair, while sport frames like Flaks have larger, or deeper, nose pieces. Some nose pieces are interchangeable (sport and active), while some pairs like LXs (Frogskin, Holbrook and Jupiter) have deeper nose pieces as part of the frame and are not interchangeable. It seems as if it's a case by case basis.

hmmmm.
interesting,looks like nose-bridge rubber is different,don't think they'd make 2 different molds for such a small adjustment in the bridge width....but its oakley...so who knows

hmmmm.
interesting,looks like nose-bridge rubber is different,don't think they'd make 2 different molds for such a small adjustment in the bridge width....but its oakley...so who knows

I know the rubber comes in different colors. The black ones can appear shinier/harder than the grey ones that look soft off the bat, but they should be the same compound.

Back