• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker, EVZero or RadarEV ??

Sunglasses Restorer US

Oakley Enthusiast
Spain
Well, the 2016 Tour de France is completely boring.
So We have made an article about the cyclist sunglasses.
There are new Oakley´s models this year such as EVZero or RadarEV.
The Radarlock and Racing Jacket seems to become obsolete.
We talk about it in our last article

The most popular cycling sunglasses of the 2016 Tour de France - Sunglasses Restorer

And we talk too about a weird frame by POC.

What do you think will be the most popular cycling Sunglasses in the future?

Thanks

We talk about it in our last articleThanks

I see you're in Spain. Now I'm upset that Contador withdrew also, because he's my guy, but "boring"????

What Tour are you watching? There hasn't been this much excitement and diverse situations in a Tour de France in ten years!!

My thoughts on the glasses are that POC won't be mainstream with their current lineup, too cycling-specific. That's not a bad thing, but as far as name recognition it won't go much past the riding community.

I don't think the Radarlock and RJ's are obsolete...just not the latest and greatest so the pros don't get them handed to them to wear. The new EV Zeros are quite nice, and I see them gaining even more other sports acceptance after the Tour ends, the Olympics are coming up and Oakley has plenty of pairs of many models in athletes hands now.

;)

I see you're in Spain. Now I'm upset that Contador withdrew also, because he's my guy, but "boring"????

What Tour are you watching? There hasn't been this much excitement and diverse situations in a Tour de France in ten years!!

My thoughts on the glasses are that POC won't be mainstream with their current lineup, too cycling-specific. That's not a bad thing, but as far as name recognition it won't go much past the riding community.

I don't think the Radarlock and RJ's are obsolete...just not the latest and greatest so the pros don't get them handed to them to wear. The new EV Zeros are quite nice, and I see them gaining even more other sports acceptance after the Tour ends, the Olympics are coming up and Oakley has plenty of pairs of many models in athletes hands now.

;)

Hello Cyclerdoug.

Contador day´s are over. It´s life, and plus he had very bad luck.

But, with all due respect...the Tour is "f*cking" boring. I am watching tour since 1987: Perico Delgado´s Tour, and never have seen such a boring cycling.
What do you mean with "diverse situations": the Duathlon by Chris Froome? Yeah that was funny.
All the crashes? Yeah, it´s part of cycling.
But...talking about CYCLING...?

No attacks, no collapses, Team Sky dominating everything...

Do you remember Lemond-Fignon, Chiapucchi, Virenque, Sastre, Pantani, Contador, even Schleck Brothers or Jan Ulrich or Floyd Landis...

Even Armstr.... suffered attacks by him competitors, US postal wasn´t as strong has Team Sky...

If they buy all the new good cyclist, the Chris Froome time, will be one of the most boring times in Tour´s History

I dind´t mean obsolete in the full meaning, I meant that they are now a little out-dated.

Thanks for your comment. Let´s watch the stage¡¡¡

Oh I agree with you bout Alberto, unfortunately. I love watching him climb, especially out of the saddle, for half an hour at a clip!

The Froome Duathlon was absolutely funny, and I thought he should have been penalized for it, but I appear to be in a minority.

I was talking about the various stage winners, the "sprint fights" with Cav and Sagan and Kittel (Greipel seems to have no legs this year) before everyone started dropping out to prepare for the damn Olympics it was a RACE this year, in many respects. The crashing and the wind splitting the peloton et al...compared to the last couple tours this one has some stuff going on!!

Sky is the Evil Empire. Don't like watching them at all. I am happy that Porte left and is now really coming into his own as a GC contender. I am not happy to see Froome repeat and stay on top. All he does is stare at his stem and power readings. You are correct about him being boring!!

Out-dated they are indeed (the pairs you mentioned), but I think there's still plenty of them selling to keep them around a bit longer!

Thanks for the input, I'll talk this "boring pastime" all day!

:grin:

I have used the Jawbones for a few years for cycling and there are fine. The only negative is that when you are in the drops and you look up, you either have to look above/below the top of the frame. I end up looking above in between the frame and helmet.

I just bought the Jawbreaker, RadarLock and Radar EV (Prizm Road).

The RadarLock still have the same problem with frame in the field of vision when in the drops. JB and EV solve this problem.

The thing about the Racing Jacket is that it's retired. I would say, though, that the Radarlock is indeed obsolete
There's not really anything it does better than the EV. Only reason to market it is to help sell leftover stock.

Oakley Radar EV Pitch Review

Not sure why Contador kept leaning to the Radarlock. But yeah, I became completely disinterested in the Tour after he had to drop out...again. He's had some very s***ty luck since like 2013. Not thrilled about Froome winning, but years of everyone failing to find fault in his legitimacy leaves me at "whatever". I do still think a healthy and prime Contador is greater, but we're not likely to ever see that match-up. Froome's hardly made decisive mistakes in winning, and if that were the case, I bet people would be slamming him even more. So really, as boring as his victories are, lame as his media comments can be, and as stupid as his pedaling looks, he's faultless.

I'd also be more careful with the wording in OP's article because pitting the EV as a "competitor" to the Jawbreaker isn't so accurate. It's an alternative. Doesn't make sense for a brand to make it's own selection compete against itself.

We talk about it in our last article

The most popular cycling sunglasses of the 2016 Tour de France - Sunglasses Restorer

And we talk too about a weird frame by POC.

What do you think will be the most popular cycling Sunglasses in the future?

Thanks
Radar Pace. Max4321 posted a picture from this years TDF here of a rider testing them. If they allow for race radio communications this will be big.
Oakley - Tour De France Photos

Hello Cyclerdoug.

Contador day´s are over. It´s life, and plus he had very bad luck.

But, with all due respect...the Tour is "f*cking" boring. I am watching tour since 1987: Perico Delgado´s Tour, and never have seen such a boring cycling.
What do you mean with "diverse situations": the Duathlon by Chris Froome? Yeah that was funny.
All the crashes? Yeah, it´s part of cycling.
But...talking about CYCLING...?

No attacks, no collapses, Team Sky dominating everything...

Do you remember Lemond-Fignon, Chiapucchi, Virenque, Sastre, Pantani, Contador, even Schleck Brothers or Jan Ulrich or Floyd Landis...

Even Armstr.... suffered attacks by him competitors, US postal wasn´t as strong has Team Sky...

If they buy all the new good cyclist, the Chris Froome time, will be one of the most boring times in Tour´s History

I dind´t mean obsolete in the full meaning, I meant that they are now a little out-dated.

Thanks for your comment. Let´s watch the stage¡¡¡

You mean New Discovery... ;):behindsofa:

doping_full_getty.jpg

I agree to a point.
Sky have mastered the game plan perfected by he-who-shall-not-be-named (but rode for USPostal), of feather-bedding their leader to the finish. That's BORING, and safe, and only wins the overall.
You have to look beyond the GC contenders for any sparks of combativity.
Tell me you didn't enjoy watching some of the young guns ( Alaphillippe, Bardet, Pantano) trying to make their names.

Anywhoo, the Racing Jacket was never a contender; too much frame, too little aperture.
Radarlock; an unnecessary complexity of the Radar for no gain in function or style.
EVZero; pretty cool and all, but no interchangability of lenses makes for expensive replacement when you crash.
Radar EV and Jawbreaker are great, but not $200 better than the Radar and/or M Frame already in the locker...

Back