• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just push out the pins with a small nail. Only thing is once you pressed out the pin, even when you put the pin back ,its not as tight. Never had issue with pin falling out, just not super super tight as it was, before it was taken out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply djhyper66!

Went for a bit of color coordination for once. Avoided doing so because it'd compromise my Atomic Orange pair aesthetically — and it did to the point I just stored it for now.

OCD in me kinda hates that the oranges don't match. Stems are Neon, icon holder is Atomic, but it makes for a cool gradient/shift thing. Icon holders are lighter than the stems, the edge of the Prizm Road is finished a bit gold/orange, and then it gets dark again into red, matching the nose clip.

20160717_161119.jpg

20160717_160921.jpg

Another note is on the pins. Finally gave that a go because the green Cav pins were not cool on this frame at all. Simple tip of a mechanical pencil got them out easy. While I agree with the previous remarks, I'd more specially point out they kinda snap/pop in and out. The profile is a bit butted. Thicker on the outer sides and thinner in the middle. It's a little better than say, complete press fit because it requires little stress to assemble.

I'd still insist on doing this as little as possible because I can imagine these wearing down easily with every replacement. Still small and fine profiles involved. They don't seem quite as "meant" to be replaced as much as the icon holders and jaw.

Went for a bit of color coordination for once. Avoided doing so because it'd compromise my Atomic Orange pair aesthetically — and it did to the point I just stored it for now.

OCD in me kinda hates that the oranges don't match. Stems are Neon, icon holder is Atomic, but it makes for a cool gradient/shift thing. Icon holders are lighter than the stems, the edge of the Prizm Road is finished a bit gold/orange, and then it gets dark again into red, matching the nose clip.

View attachment 264636
View attachment 264637

Another note is on the pins. Finally gave that a go because the green Cav pins were not cool on this frame at all. Simple tip of a mechanical pencil got them out easy. While I agree with the previous remarks, I'd more specially point out they kinda snap/pop in and out. The profile is a bit butted. Thicker on the outer sides and thinner in the middle. It's a little better than say, complete press fit because it requires little stress to assemble.

I'd still insist on doing this as little as possible because I can imagine these wearing down easily with every replacement. Still small and fine profiles involved. They don't seem quite as "meant" to be replaced as much as the icon holders and jaw.
That isn't too bad, although a fire lens probably would blown that Jawbreaker up!

It is nice seeing you do various things to yours... I'm am skittish about doing such modifications outside of a lens swap.

Sent from Q's Note5

That isn't too bad, although a fire lens probably would blown that Jawbreaker up!

It is nice seeing you do various things to yours... I'm am skittish about doing such modifications outside of a lens swap.

Sent from Q's Note5

Really depends if the parts between however many pairs you got can make for a combo you want, but you run the risk of a junky-looking leftover like I did with my Atomic Orange one lol. But otherwise like I said, majority of the parts were pretty much meant to be reassembled.

I want to go further in getting this black frame exactly how I want it, but doing so requires expensive cannibalization of other pairs. If OCP opened up more options this would be much easier.

Thank you Ventruck as well as everyone else who has written comments in regards to the pins that hold the arm which adjusts the earstem length on the Jawbreaker.

If anyone's fed up with their Uranium Pair - sell it to me.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the reg and the asian fit version? I'm guessing the lenses are narrower, but since they don't sell a spare Asian fit lenses, I'm wrong.

If anyone's fed up with their Uranium Pair - sell it to me.

Also, does anyone know the difference between the reg and the asian fit version? I'm guessing the lenses are narrower, but since they don't sell a spare Asian fit lenses, I'm wrong.

There was mixed opinions because some people somehow ended up with rounded profiles at the lens edges. I believe that case was closed for being samples, though. Otherwise, the frames should be the same.

Also, you should be posting a WTB thread in the exchange.

Guys, Where can I find Oakley icon replacements for Jawbreakers? need different color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back