• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jet Black Vs Polished Black. Differences?

OFather is correct, same color.

Incorrect. Flak, Radar, and M Frame are available in Jet Black and Polished Black. As well as other frames. 2 different colors completely. Unless they have recently changed it, makes no sense to offer both colors in the same styles made exactly the same way.

Jet black is a coating, polished black is molded. If you take a polished black frame outside and hold it up against the sun, you will see it is actually a very dark crystal red or purple (most are red). Jet black is a paint applied. Polished naturally will be more glossy until marred from handling lol.

interesting. i always suspected that jet black was a coating and polished was raw plastic... but i ddnt know it was dark crystal red/purple! will have to try that soon! (dont have any pol. black frames with me)

The molded markings on the inside of the orbitals/legs: If coated the markings and letters are rounded. Unpainted they are more clearly.
Inside the hinges: Open the legs complete, if you can see a transition from smooth to rough (looks like spray mist) then you have a Jet Black frame. They spray a very thin layer to avoid paint chipping.

Back