• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet... Legit or Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NashCasten

Oakley Enthusiast
The reason I'm asking is because I've never seen these marks on Juliets before. It seems that they're laser etched.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Those look legit to me. I always look at the ends of the earstems and the orbital gaskets. Usually on the fakes, the ends of the earstems end in a slight outward angle whereas genuine are straight at the end of the earstems. Also, on genuine Juliets, the opening where the orbital gaskets go and the lenses are locked in place by the screws, the opening is at a 90 degree angle to the lense, whereas on fakes the gap for the orbital gaskets is usually angled more to the outside of the frame. At least the ones I have seen. Someone else may be able to give more info/better explanation than I. I believe that these are referred to as "SKU Frames", this particular being a later generation plasma/fire combo. Towards the end of production, they went away from the serials and went to the SKUs on the frames. Hope this helps!

Oh. Damn. Give you $50 for them. I'm looking for a fake to experiment on. :)
FOakleys or Fake Oakleys Cost about $50USD :D shipping not included. hahahaha... Theres a lot of them selling here in the PH sucks Bigtime...

I never knew that they printed the SKU on the earstems... Thanks for the info... cheers...:drinks:

Theres a lot of them selling here in the PH sucks Bigtime...

hey kapatid! welcome to the forum. yup, sucks to buy in our motherland. you got a good one though, plasma fire.just stick to the forum and you should be safe. but don't go paying f and f on paypal, ya hear?
anyway, it is also restricted to do so. believe me, the extra bucks to pay as goods will help you sleep at night.

We call those 5th gens; from around 2008 - 2012.
I've always had the impression they were fake... lol... but yes I appreciate the education...

hey kapatid! welcome to the forum. yup, sucks to buy in our motherland. you got a good one though, plasma fire.just stick to the forum and you should be safe. but don't go paying f and f on paypal, ya hear?
anyway, it is also restricted to do so. believe me, the extra bucks to pay as goods will help you sleep at night.

true that brother man... true that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back