• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet Loose X Nose Bridge Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience is the Juliet nosebridge is loosening more quickly than in the past. I too have had just one side go super loose after a handful of wearings...and I don't flex them by taking on and off over my head. Long term, with extreme loosening, I have found either dental floss or fine fishing line works to tighten a floppy nosepiece until a tightening can be done. And I keep seeing all over the place numbers on the tune up price.....its now $70. With TRACKABLE shipping, $75. Still cheaper if you care for your pieces to sell a loose nosebridge pair on eBay and purchase a new pair on eBay for essentially the same cost...unless the model is discontinued

I currently own around 23 pairs of X Metals, Some of the nose bridges are so tight and the flex is so minimal that the glasses actually hurt after awhile on my big head! I have pairs that are 10 years old and pairs that are less then a year old, since I don't wear them every day its difficult for me to say whether the old ones take longer to loosen then the new ones. This is an interesting post as I never considered how long before they loosen. If I had one pair and wore them ALL the time I could see this occuring at a different rate then others. Good post, and food for thought....

This is good stuff to know as I'm close to pulling the trigger on some Juliets. What I've read on the O-Review site is that some of the metals used in the other frames causes them to loosen a lot faster than the standard X-Metal frame. A common complaint is that the orbitals on the Carbon frame come loose far faster than the other frames. Any truth to this as I'm considering a Carbon/Black Iridium pair for work?

This is good stuff to know as I'm close to pulling the trigger on some Juliets. What I've read on the O-Review site is that some of the metals used in the other frames causes them to loosen a lot faster than the standard X-Metal frame. A common complaint is that the orbitals on the Carbon frame come loose far faster than the other frames. Any truth to this as I'm considering a Carbon/Black Iridium pair for work?

X Metals for work?!?!?! I don't even wear them at work.... I would destroy them there.....

I guess I should clarify, I would like a pair of the Juliets for out and about and a pair (could be purchased used in excellent condition) to wear in the car to work.

I guess I should clarify, I would like a pair of the Juliets for out and about and a pair (could be purchased used in excellent condition) to wear in the car to work.

The xmetal frame is the best all around frame to have. I have never had an issue with any of my carbon frames to date.....

Wait, so you're saying the serial number increases the value? I bought my XX's in 2002 and there is a serial number on them. They haven't been worn in two years because I lost the nose piece that I needed. I used the thick nose pads and one day one of them fell off. I still have the other. The smaller ones didn't fit me correctly. I won't sell them because I love them, but the nose bridge has gotten noticeably loose. Nothing that would affect the wear though.

This thread makes me think how long have people been working on repairing Juliets that aren't working directly for Oakley? If you look through this short thread people are saying you shouldn't attempt to take out the rivets and replace the rubbers but rather send them to Oakley. Now everyone is saying don't send them to Oakley send them off to the X-Man for repair and tightening. This thread is a little less than 2 years old and I stumbled across it while searching for the rubber insert for the nose bridge of a pair of Juliets. Just kind of seemed like private repair people have come along way in a short time to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back