• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet Replacement Lenses

This is a "project" I'm working on that will hopefully done soon. These were "after market" comparable lenses I took an airsoft gun to. For those who don't know what "airsoft" is, it is a like a bb gun, except the bb's are made of a plastic material. The results below were from bb's that were .25g and were shot with an initial velocity of about 380 ft/sec at about 40ft distance. At impact their estimated speed would be about 320ft/sec (for reference a .22 bullet can range in speed from 1400-1800 ft/sec).

View attachment 375355

I don't know what these were made of but I doubt polycarbonate. What you see his the result of multiple shots but the very first impact cracked the lenses heavily and the bb went through the lens. These lenses were mounted in a x-metal XX (fake) frame and after the first impact each lens popped out of the frame. One other thing to mention is that they were noticeably thinner than a typical XX lens.

Before these were "shot up" these lenses actually looked very good. They had a very stunning blue finish and looking at them from behind they had very nice clarity (to my eye). They had decent polarization too.

Morale of the story, beauty is only skin deep.

Excellent pics, that's far more serious than my damaged aftermarket lenses that cracked like that. I believe these lenses are made of acrylic and not polycarbonate like the Oakley lenses. Polycarbonate lenses never break into fragments like that

Excellent pics, that's far more serious than my damaged aftermarket lenses that cracked like that. I believe these lenses are made of acrylic and not polycarbonate like the Oakley lenses. Polycarbonate lenses never break into fragments like that
The initial impact (single shot), hit and went through. Lenses were cracked but still in one piece. I later went to "full auto" mode which tore them up. If I had to guess it only took a few hits to cause the damage you see.

I have an old beat up set of half jacket 1.0 lenses I might try if I get a chance

Latest Posts

Back