• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet Tune-up Different From Previous Tune-ups.

xmetalfreak

Oakley Beginner
SoCal
I went to the HQ today and had 3 of my juliets tuned up but apparently they're not as tight as the others I brought in a few months ago. what im talking about is that the couplers are soft. is it just me or they probably used a different compound for the couplers? the good thing is, the guy i talked to only made me pay 1 tune up for all the 3 juliets.

does anyone here got a pair of x metal tuned up lately?

two possibilities -1, new compound rubber that apparently "lasts longer" but isnt rock hard like previous ones,
2, your rivet holes are worn out inside and the frames cant be tightened further.

seeing as you had 3 pairs done simultaneously, i'd go with the first. let us know how they last

two possibilities -1, new compound rubber that apparently "lasts longer" but isnt rock hard like previous ones,
2, your rivet holes are worn out inside and the frames cant be tightened further.

seeing as you had 3 pairs done simultaneously, i'd go with the first. let us know how they last
im also leaning on #1.. all 3 have the same or almost same flex. probably a new compound that is more rubbery to last longer than the old ones that tend to crumble. it cant be my rivet holes because i try to push the orbitals inwards and it doesnt budge.

I was not impressed either by the 3 pair that I have sent in recently as well.
To hear that this has become the norm makes me feel a little better since my concern was rivet hole deformation which is a worse issue than a softer coupler.

I was not impressed either by the 3 pair that I have sent in recently as well.
To hear that this has become the norm makes me feel a little better since my concern was rivet hole deformation which is a worse issue than a softer coupler.
that was my 1st hunch after the tune up yesterday and i even tried to push the orbitals inwards to check if the rivet holes were deformed and gladly, it wasnt. i do hope the softer couplers would last longer.

Back