• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet without serial number

Min Zaw Nyan

Oakley Enthusiast
Australia
Hi,
Min is here. Can someone please answer my Q about Juliet? I found one Juliet locally having coin (1999) but the frame does not have serial number. The owner confirmed that they are authentic and they are 2nd gen Juliet produced after 2004. I understand that serial number are stopped written after 2004 but I think they should be 3rd gen. Any advice?
Thanks.

More than likely they're 4th gen. Given you're from Aus I'm pretty sure I know which Juliet you just purchased.

Was it a Plasma/Ice iridium?

Oh and :welcome:

Thanks for the reply SNAFU. What a shame. I did not win bidding. Last second someone outbid me. Yeah, you are right. Plasma / Ice iridium with coin and box I meant.

No worries yeh I know the one. It went for too high a price IMO the lens were shot and needed replacing.

It was also definitely a 4th gen if it was a second gen it would have had a IPxxxxxA serial number and if it was s third gen it would have had a IPxxxxxB serial as it was a Plasma/Ice Iridium Polarised

Don't know worry, some more will be along - I've seen a fair few eBay Juliets in Oz.

Snafu has the gen info right too:

1st gen - alphanumeric serial with no letter suffix
2nd gen - a/n serial with A suffix
3rd gen - a/n serial with B suffix
4th gen - no markings
5th gen - SKU and size *

* Oakley Custom Programme frames have size only, no SKU, as the SKU identifies both frame and lens and the latter was user choice in the OCP and therefore not known at the time the frames were marked.

I am currently looking at two sets of Juliet frames. One has absolutely no markings on the left arm (Gen 4 by your reference) and the second has a model (Gen 5 by your reference). I am in negotiations for each frame and would like to know the years each frame was offered. I have an original Juliet and even Romeo, and these two sellers are basing prices from EBay off of those generations. I am trying to explain the rarity of my Gen 1s compared to their Gen 4 and 5 models. I think it would be easier to state specifically the years their frames were offered and gain their understanding that they were more readily available compared to mine in the introductory years.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

@WraithEye I'm not sure how much luck you're going to have there, no matter what technique you use to approach the scarcity/rarity of what you have vs. what they have. It's likely they don't care. That's not a bad thing, that's just the way it usually is.
The seller has Juliets and knows (or finds out from an "informed friend") that they haven't made them for a decade or so and they're worth money. So off to eBay they go to get pricing and damn the torpedoes!!

It's Capitalism in its purest form...supply and demand. That also works in your favor because you get to be the guy that's not going to pay too much because he knows there will be more in the market always, and priced correctly.

Good Luck either way bro!
;)

I was able to get one of them last night. I payed $100 for a gen 4, Plasma Juliet with Emerald lenses. The only thing it needs is a nose bridge tuneup. I figured if I am going to order those parts, I may go ahead and replace all the parts. I felt like it was worth it, it felt odd since the frame did not have a serial number though.

This has become an addiction, this is my 4th X-Metal frame now!

Don't know worry, some more will be along - I've seen a fair few eBay Juliets in Oz.

Snafu has the gen info right too:

1st gen - alphanumeric serial with no letter suffix
2nd gen - a/n serial with A suffix
3rd gen - a/n serial with B suffix
4th gen - no markings
5th gen - SKU and size *

* Oakley Custom Programme frames have size only, no SKU, as the SKU identifies both frame and lens and the latter was user choice in the OCP and therefore not known at the time the frames were marked.
So what is jp006289?

Latest Posts

Back