• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet x-metal

GustavoT

Oakley Beginner
Brasil
Helloo, these are the first X-metal that i purchase, not the last of course.
I bought these days a Juliet X-metal 04-125 55O21. It came with white rubbers, G26 with “straight brightness” effect and with Dark Ruby lenses, I guess that both are Custom. The Juliet has the factory painting and nose tune up.
It’s in good conditions I guess. I saw here that by the numbers the Juliet is from 2009, right ?
Tell me your opinion about the lenses and the Juliet guys...

5F06763F-D1A1-4452-A603-7A0660CCA6B8.jpeg

46470F80-CB79-482D-B832-6CE4BA50DE0C.jpeg

EC3A6648-DF46-4DBC-B94A-51E8A532F563.jpeg

CE953763-6271-4A8C-B2D0-16AD2F7C25B6.jpeg

31A2B328-B406-474A-B74C-6CDA78DA4C2B.jpeg

25D6B42B-52E2-4EBF-A7A7-80042E63E500.jpeg

FF3034DB-6583-4423-B6BD-FC3E44BD5B9C.jpeg

Hello Gus.

Welcome to the Forum and you have yourself a lovely pair of shades, congratulations on getting them.

Like you said and many other will testify to, this will be the first of many.

Very nice for your first pair. You didn't say what you paid so I hope you got a good deal on them. Not sure exactly what info your looking for on the lenses. Most members here will hold the glasses up to a light and take a photo looking outward. This will show the true condition of the lenses. These scratches can sometimes be more difficult to see from the front. Some lenses had issues with delam the will usually be see on the edges. Oakley lenses that are polarized will have the word polarized etched on the left lense at the outer edge. Some special runs will have other etching. Most collectors prefer Oakley lenses over aftermarket. Aftermarket lenses can be had in many varieties ranging in quality from very good to down right trash. Many collectors like to have the original box, coin, and the extra rubbers and paperwork as they had when purchased. Early models had serial numbers on the left ear stem and if that serial matches the label on the box it can increase the value to some. There is a lot to be learned about the X metal line of sunglasses and no better place to learn than this forum. Many of the members know all there is to know about these and most are always willing to help answer questions you might have. Then you have the custom glasses. We have some very talented members that create custom shades in colors, and combinations that Oakley never did. I myself love looking at the threads of custom work that has been done by these members. Some other collectors only want stock factory Oakley versions. Just like anything else collected, lots of variables. Look at the top area of a sub forum for what is called a sticky thread. These threads are always in the same position and the reason they are there is because they contain information that answers questions that get asked over and over, so always look there for your answers and by reviewing these your knowledge will increase quickly. I hope this helps you out a bit and welcome to the very best forum on the internet for info on Oakley shades and other products.

Thanks to everybody. I paid more or less US$ 210,00 (R$ 700,00) on the sunglasses, two pairs of lenses, the white rubbers and the bag. In Brazil it was a good deal. X-Metals here costs more than it, so it was a big deal. @NCHornet thank you for the information.

I don't care where you are in the world, $210.00 for that score is incredible. You stole them, that's what you did. You run across another deal like that and decide not to grab them send them my way. I will take that deal every time.
Congrats!!!

NCH

Back