• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet’s Anniversary Edition?

Do you think an Anniversary edition could be released?

• Total voters
Hmmmmmm just buy you a beat up frame and send it to xman or zac and call them your own anniversary edition :lol::lol:. Unfortunately this will NEVER happen lux owns Oakley now and they happened to be SUX :lol::lol:.

These suckers can’t even release colored xmetal rubbers let alone a new juliet made of titanium???? Stick with the carbon prime lol.

Never gonna happen. The process of making X Metals is very messy and the ONLY plant in the world that made them was shut down and dismantled. Do a search and you can find out why. I'm too lazy but it involves the EPA.

The reason they are getting Juliet earsocks is because people are still buying them. Oakley sold that frame for 12 years. Maybe 13 but at least 12. That means a metric **** TON of them are floating around. I mean I have 29 Juliets and that's low when you compare to some people like @dragonvoi. X Metals are just like anything else. The product itself isn't were the profit is made. It's in the accessories. The frames were expensive to make but the rubbers are cheap AF. They know we will keep buying them as long as we have the frames and I plan on mine outlasting me. Now if they really wanted to make some money they would release colored rubbers for Juliets. It wouldn't cost anything and they would sell like ice cream at a playground. Lenses too.
Agreed 10000000%

Yes and no. If they do they will not be made of titanium but instead most likely there c5 alloy. Also think it won't be an exact copy I feel like they would change it up a little with the rubbers and the nose bridge.

They will never make anything like it again. They are committed to their vision of cheap plastic Billy Holiday knock offs and board shorts. When people ask why I’m a fan of Oakley I tell them it’s like old vs new coke. The original will never be outdone. Eliminating watches from the product line was the last straw. It’s all downhill now.

BD845272-1BF0-4704-AA70-5A278EAE6512.jpeg

They will never make anything like it again. They are committed to their vision of cheap plastic Billy Holiday knock offs and board shorts. When people ask why I’m a fan of Oakley I tell them it’s like old vs new coke. The original will never be outdone. Eliminating watches from the product line was the last straw. It’s all downhill now.
Agree, since the penny’s, I haven’t liked much else from Oakley. It’s sad when a corporation takes control of something you love and they destroy it with cheap manufacturing and maximization of profits. All to save 1¢

I don't see why Oakley doesn't try to do a re- release of the original X metal lineup but with a new/cheaper to produce metal alloy. There's all sorts of lightweight alloys that I'm sure they can produce cheaply and make a profit with. They could probably do it with some of the new lightweight steel alloys or aluminum.

Latest Posts

Back