• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliets Coating Problem?

nofrontiers

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi guys,

i've been lurking around for quite some time admiring all your juliets and x-metals. I've only a pair of juliet which i bought from the states 4-5 years ago.

however, something heartbreaking is happening to my juliet though. it seems there's a problem with the coating? i dont see this happening to anyone else, even after googling!

fNklB4.jpg

1Sx51F.jpg

i hope it's not fake. i have the box, coin etc. did a magnet test all around with 0 attraction.

anyone seen this happening? let me know :(

welcome to the forum!

lets establish that they are genuine first; is there a serial number inside the left arm? do the tips of the earstems flare outwards? post a couple extra pics showing them from the front and behind the bridge.
your initial pics look promising and if they are genuine they can be refinished by the x-man.
he can also retighten the bridge if it has excessive play...

welcome to the forum!

lets establish that they are genuine first; is there a serial number inside the left arm? do the tips of the earstems flare outwards? post a couple extra pics showing them from the front and behind the bridge.
your initial pics look promising and if they are genuine they can be refinished by the x-man.
he can also retighten the bridge if it has excessive play...

thank you for your welcome! :D

here goes the pics...

12RAlv.jpg
kd47s8.jpg

DDomnP.jpg
VtLjBS.jpg
LlUv1P.jpg

i hope the pics help. oh, i've seen a lot of forumers referring to the x-man...lol this is embarassing but who is this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats - you have a legit pair of juliets in carbon with black iridium polarized lenses! shame about the coating wearing off. if you look at the top stickie in this section (x-man custom corner) you will find out why you see him being referred to so often!

i'm not sure if he can redo a carbon finish but he will definitely be able to give these a new lease of life!

he has his own website as well
Services - The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

if it was the carbon finish you were after have a look at www.drchopshop.com - Oakley Custom Sunglasses, Airbrush Paint, Cerakote Coatings

another forum member renowned for his superb work.

congrats - you have a legit pair of juliets in carbon with black iridium polarized lenses! shame about the coating wearing off. if you look at the top stickie in this section (x-man custom corner) you will find out why you see him being referred to so often!

i'm not sure if he can redo a carbon finish but he will definitely be able to give these a new lease of life!

he has his own website as well
Services - The X-MAN Custom Metalworks

if it was the carbon finish you were after have a look at www.drchopshop.com - Oakley Custom Sunglasses, Airbrush Paint, Cerakote Coatings

another forum member renowned for his superb work.

thank you for your prompt replies and expertise! that's a huge relief for me, the juliet was one of the highlight purchases of my life so far lol (bought it in college, was always a childhood dream to own one.)

it's a pity as i've always cleaned it after every wear. i'm into fishing (heard sea breeze might cause corrosion if left uncleaned, but x-metal isn't steel so...i don't know if it's a relevant point) and although i've only worn it twice when fishing, this didnt happen to other anglers juliets which are also carbon finished.

i'll look at the links that you gave too. many thanks!

you could cera-kote paint them in satin black or change the color altogether to anything you want....I wouldn't worry too much about the collectability on these as they already have a deteriorated finish....check out my website gallery and pick something .or come up with a new idea. either way....ill make you love em all over again.

Back