• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I’m pretty new to Oakley products so idk if they design their products to work together, but it looks like the Oakley Katos were specifically designed to work with the DRT5 MTB helmet. If you look at each of the plastic pieces that stick out. They all serve a purpose when attached to the DRT helmet. The plastic in the corners of the lense make sure that the actually lense itself doesn’t make any contact with the helmet. It floats slightly above the helmet with no contact whatsoever. The plastic on the sides act like a point of reference on where to stop before clipping them.

Like I said I’m new to Oakley so this might something obvious that everyone knows about already but I think this is really awesome that the Katos work seamlessly with their helmet.
View attachment 880283View attachment 880284View attachment 880285View attachment 880286View attachment 880287
I wonder if the other Oakley helmets have the same integration?
That gold is beautiful 🤩

I got the Kato and the Kato X to see what fit me better. Even though I usually wear XL (Draft, M2, Flak, Advancer), the Kato fit me better. It seemed to give me complete coverage. I have very good peripheral vision and do not always have coverage in the far corner of my eye. I do in the Kato's.

I drive a convertible at the beach a lot. I was driving down Pacific Coast Highway and had comlpete coverage the whole trip. It was great, I did not need to wear a hat. On the way back, around 14:00, I had some trouble with the sun coming in between my forehead and the glasses. I remembered you could tilt the lenses. At a Stop Sign, I adjusted the lenses, and no more problem! They are now my favorite driving glasses and they are very comfortable. :cool-20:

I’m pretty new to Oakley products so idk if they design their products to work together, but it looks like the Oakley Katos were specifically designed to work with the DRT5 MTB helmet. If you look at each of the plastic pieces that stick out. They all serve a purpose when attached to the DRT helmet. The plastic in the corners of the lense make sure that the actually lense itself doesn’t make any contact with the helmet. It floats slightly above the helmet with no contact whatsoever. The plastic on the sides act like a point of reference on where to stop before clipping them.

Like I said I’m new to Oakley so this might something obvious that everyone knows about already but I think this is really awesome that the Katos work seamlessly with their helmet.
View attachment 880283View attachment 880284View attachment 880285View attachment 880286View attachment 880287
I wonder if the other Oakley helmets have the same integration?

As sick as that looks I’d be careful of those stretching out too much. The arms have been known to come off a few pairs so far.

Unless it’s not pulling the arms open on them.

I really like the way it looks on a helmet tho

20210817_122238.jpg

Back