• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
These Katos have plenty of innovation. They created a new machine just to make the lenses. Have a read on the website link I provided. I can’t wait:)

The designers really tried to focus on fit and function with the Kato. There should be 3 different size nosepieces for better fit depending on your nose. The circle on the arms has adjustments to allow you to tilt the lenses slightly up and down for a better fit for your face, and the arms are made to fit under helmets well. I am sure most would have preferred the arms of the Encoder (which was first developed for baseball players and to fit with hats) but they designers made very specific decisions for specific purposes.

The designers really tried to focus on fit and function with the Kato. There should be 3 different size nosepieces for better fit depending on your nose. The circle on the arms has adjustments to allow you to tilt the lenses slightly up and down for a better fit for your face, and the arms are made to fit under helmets well. I am sure most would have preferred the arms of the Encoder (which was first developed for baseball players and to fit with hats) but they designers made very specific decisions for specific purposes.
Exactly, too many people have been knocking these saying there is no innovation when that’s just not the case. The stems and the lenses themselves are full of innovative. It’s about time Luxkley🙏

Thanks for sharing! I had heard at one time there would be 3 versions of the Kato coming out. I am guessing the Encoder is the third version, but I was hoping there was maybe a third one where they could ‘read’ your face and mold a lens to fit each exact face. I guess one can dream!

Thanks for sharing! I had heard at one time there would be 3 versions of the Kato coming out. I am guessing the Encoder is the third version, but I was hoping there was maybe a third one where they could ‘read’ your face and mold a lens to fit each exact face. I guess one can dream!
Your right the 3rd Kato is the Encoder. It would be cool to scan your face and have Oakley make a sunnies out of it. Adidas is going for the technology with their 3D midsole. You’ll be able to go into a store and scan your feet and they mold the midsole to your feet.

Your right the 3rd Kato is the Encoder. It would be cool to scan your face and have Oakley make a sunnies out of it. Adidas is going for the technology with their 3D midsole. You’ll be able to go into a store and scan your feet and they mold the midsole to your feet.
That’s what guided my thought too- those shoe places which can ‘read’ your feet and give you almost an Rx insole. Maybe a future idea for some Oakley person to create! Even if there was an app that could scan your face and give you recommendations for which Oakley would fit your face would be cool.

That’s what guided my thought too- those shoe places which can ‘read’ your feet and give you almost an Rx insole. Maybe a future idea for some Oakley person to create! Even if there was an app that could scan your face and give you recommendations for which Oakley would fit your face would be cool.
Your future looks awesome man! I want to live in it:)

This is week 4. Week 7 begins on Feb 15. But remember Oakley loves to have a soft release where they don’t advertise so much but release a couple of colorways first on their website. The Sutro Lites came out a couple of weeks on Oakley.com before the other stores had them. And since people have already gotten there hands in the Kato and Encoder I would guess we could see them released on the Oakley website a little bit earlier than week 7. Here’s hoping 🤞🏻

Back