• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I have to wonder what ever happened to “Three Point Fit”?
What keeps the frame off your face, besides the length of the earstems, and (I’m assuming here) a “brow pad” that is destined to saturate with sweat in vigorous use?
I anticipate regret at ditching a functional nose-bomb...
Prove me wrong, Lux.

Id say my take on these is:

I'll buy one or two. For me, the weirder the better. Oakley has gotten way to boring in the pursuit of appealing to everyone with everything.

I agree with @flyer though. I'm not sure how these things will stand up to regular use. Also if you watch this IG Video you'll see Koston push his glasses up right after his trick so I wonder how well these things will stay on.

@Ventruck Agreed, Jut straight stem a zero like what they did with Radars and Radarlocks. At least then they could fit under a helmet. And since they want to go all retro with things like the Sutro Eyeshade and Sutro Blade, why not release EVZero models with retro lens cuts that call back the 0.1-0.7 and/or sub zero models...

I remember when the gascans came out that was genius marketing by Oakley glasses for everyone that could do anything and at a decent price so everyone could buy a pair like the frogskins the m frames were huge money lol then they started the big price tag weird model machine backup

This thing where they stuff the stems inside their polystyrene helmet drives me nuts!:headbang:

It says to me that they are using the wrong lens for the conditions. So I guess that suggests that the Kato hasn't got enough lens choice.....? :)

I have to wonder what ever happened to “Three Point Fit”?
What keeps the frame off your face, besides the length of the earstems, and (I’m assuming here) a “brow pad” that is destined to saturate with sweat in vigorous use?
I anticipate regret at ditching a functional nose-bomb...
Prove me wrong, Lux.

There are nosebombs similar to the one on an M frame or Zero. How it attaches will be a surprise and reminiscent of some other things. some may hate it and some may love it, but there is a nose piece.

They are called Kato in memory of the character Bruce Lee used to play in the 60s TV series Green Hornet. If you google pics of him you will see he wore a mask and the Kato is designed from this.

Back