• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Knife Elite Strider Machined Carbon Fiber SNG with camo blade

Oakley Knife Elite Strider Machined Carbon Fiber SNG ?

• Total voters

Cody Oslo

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Oslo
HI guys,
Recently, I purchase this unique Oakley Elite item.
Until now I found only this informations:
"I'm close with Duane at Strider and we came up with this plan together. I wanted to do a small run of knives that could be given to some select people in select military "groups" that we work closely with and a coule long term employees. We made 14 total and none were for sale or ever even shown.
The knife is a traditional SNG with a matte, blasted and untouched blade. The handle is machined by Strider, from an 80 layer billet of carbon fiber I had made by a company called Crosby Composites in the UK."
Neil - design engineer at Oakley

Question: Who knows more informations about this item - Oakley Knife Elite Strider Machined Carbon Fiber SNG ???
Important! This item is not for sale or trades, so pls don't ask! Thank you :)
Thank you and regards,
Cody

2015-07-16 13.44.20.jpg

2015-07-15 15.58.10.jpg

2015-07-15 15.58.34.jpg

2015-07-15 15.59.36.jpg

2015-07-15 15.59.50.jpg

2015-07-15 16.00.02.jpg

2015-07-15 16.00.31.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it is! Lucky winner:)
More technical details...
...info about a possible Oakley knives collection...

Strider is a high end production knife brand. It appears this was a one-time collaboration and 14 were made. Retail on a normal production version of the knife is $450-500.
Folding Knives : Strider Knives, High-Speed Tools for Hardcore Individuals

Strider knives are typically CPM-S30V steel. It's a stainless steel produced in powder form and a fairly common middle-to-high-end knife steel for folding knives. The frame and liner under the carbon fiber (if there is one) are titanium. Strider sells a tool for adjustment and removal of the pivot screw.

There is talk of a knife being one of the next carbon fiber accessories to be released, but there are no details I'm aware of.

Thank you Rustpot

More valuable informations for this item :)
Personal I would go in the future for a collaboration with Rockstead knives...best ever in cutting, high quality blade material, high quality finish

Best,

Welcome to the Oakley Forum @Cody Oslo. I think I gave you a lot of information already about this knife in Facebook. Anyway, just so you know the box that was included with your knife is actually from the Pitboss I as part of the Elite Collection and not originally included with the knife you bought. The knife originally came with a ballistic nylon sheath in desert color.

yea nice score. This auction made news here before you bought it.
if its really 14 pieces, then thats a great item to own

Thank you for all info Dennis Panlilio.
If you say the Elite box is from Pitboss I, how does this knife have same shape of it in the box? Interesting, right?:)

Thank you guys! :)

Back