• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Who knows @cris they may come around with wider appeal. Look at the Madman. Up then down then flat then rock bottom and subject to universal scorn and now they are kinda popular I think partially because they're not that bad and they are really cheap now. Initial marketing was all wrong.

Latch doesn't seem to have a "raison d'etre"...why is it there? Where does it fit the lineup? What does it do that another Oakley model doesn't, or can't?
I'm certain this has been researched by smarter minds than mine but this is what happens many times when you get Design By Committee....they just miss. (Think Kia K900...a $62000 Kia sedan?? REALLY?!?!)

Anyway, I like that you agree with LeQ...F 'em! You like them wear them and stack yourself a pile of them!

;)

ciao Cris from another Italian Oakley fan (although living abroad) :)
I personally don't like the Latch for the following reasons:
- round frames don't look good on my face
- they look cheap
- they don't cover sufficiently the eyes from the light

I tried their cousins Latch Sq at the Covent Garden (London) store after few days they were out and some were making a horrible noise with the hinges when opening/closing the stems

Who knows @cris they may come around with wider appeal. Look at the Madman. Up then down then flat then rock bottom and subject to universal scorn and now they are kinda popular I think partially because they're not that bad and they are really cheap now. Initial marketing was all wrong.

Latch doesn't seem to have a "raison d'etre"...why is it there? Where does it fit the lineup? What does it do that another Oakley model doesn't, or can't?
I'm certain this has been researched by smarter minds than mine but this is what happens many times when you get Design By Committee....they just miss. (Think Kia K900...a $62000 Kia sedan?? REALLY?!?!)

Anyway, I like that you agree with LeQ...F 'em! You like them wear them and stack yourself a pile of them!

;)

I really hope that this model will find the appreciation that, imho, it deserves.
I think it could be a nice model for all the people who can't wear the classic wayfarer style (including me, I look awful with frogskins for example) and need something a little bit rounder.
Most of Oakley models are quite squared and pointy, having something different could fill a gap.
Maybe it just needs time, it's still a rather "new" model.

Btw I'm not trying to sell this model :D or trying to get approval, I'm just sincerely curious to know why this model doens't seem to appeal that much.

ciao Cris from another Italian Oakley fan (although living abroad) :)
I personally don't like the Latch for the following reasons:
- round frames don't look good on my face
- they look cheap
- they don't cover sufficiently the eyes from the light

I tried their cousins Latch Sq at the Covent Garden (London) store after few days they were out and some were making a horrible noise with the hinges when opening/closing the stems

Ciao Toms! :)

thanks for your answer!
Strange you heard the hinges squeak, all the pairs I have are pretty silent, maybe you just picked a faulty pair.

Ciao Toms! :)

thanks for your answer!
Strange you heard the hinges squeak, all the pairs I have are pretty silent, maybe you just picked a faulty pair.

It was a creepy sound believe me :) but it is true that the pairs in the stores that people can play with are always in horrible conditions.
Maybe someone with greasy sausage fingers hands played with them too much :p

So, Latch superfan :) what colour combinations did you go for? And how does the hinge feature work plugging them onto the shirt's neck?

I truly loved the idea and concept behind Latch so I got super let down when I saw them in real life - but I'm happy if someone appreciates them.

I really hope that this model will find the appreciation that, imho, it deserves.
I think it could be a nice model for all the people who can't wear the classic wayfarer style (including me, I look awful with frogskins for example) and need something a little bit rounder.
Most of Oakley models are quite squared and pointy, having something different could fill a gap.
Maybe it just needs time, it's still a rather "new" model.

Btw I'm not trying to sell this model :D or trying to get approval, I'm just sincerely curious to know why this model doens't seem to appeal that much.

No worries at all dear, you may ask or wonder about anything you like in this forum. We'll only get angry if you ask it 4 different ways or in 4 different sections!

;)

It was a creepy sound believe me :) but it is true that the pairs in the stores that people can play with are always in horrible conditions.
Maybe someone with greasy sausage fingers hands played with them too much :p

So, Latch superfan :) what colour combinations did you go for? And how does the hinge feature work plugging them onto the shirt's neck?

I truly loved the idea and concept behind Latch so I got super let down when I saw them in real life - but I'm happy if someone appreciates them.

Right now the models I have are the ones you see in the first post. They include the custom one with black frames and BIP and the woodgrain model with Prizm Daily, which I hadn't plan to buy actually, but when I saw it at the store ... :angel:
I still have my eyes on the olive/emerald ir one, so who knows.. ;)

I usually put glasses on my head like a hairband when I don't use them but I have to say the latch comes very handy (especially when I don't want to mess up my hairdo. ah women!)
It's a cool feature that could be implemented in other models. Glasses stay in place once plugged and you almost forget about them :)

Back