• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Lens Cleaning Solution...

B6S4

Oakley Expert
Orlando, Fl
Hey guys,

New to the forum but not to Oakleys, discovered the forum a couple days ago and have a lot of catching up to do. After going through a couple threads, I came across this one: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...3-how-properly-clean-your-oakley-glasses.html and decided to go pickup an oakley lens cleaning kit. I went down to my local sunglass hut to grab the kit. While I was there, I asked the salesperson if they offer the refills at the store. The salesperson stated they provide refills however, they refill the oakley container with the sunglass hut solution. Based on the thread posted above it seems the Oakley solution is different than the sunglass hut solution. My question is, is this normal practice at sunglass hut? Would it be worth while to make the trip to an Oakley store to get a refill?

Its the same stuff. I worked 10 years at SGH and now 4 with Oakley and the liquid is the same stuff either way. I refill my cleaning solution at Hut all the time.

What is the "Refill" exactly? I have yet to walk into a store to do it, but getting close to empty. Do they actually take your spray can and fill it or do they just hand you a new bottle?

What is the "Refill" exactly? I have yet to walk into a store to do it, but getting close to empty. Do they actually take your spray can and fill it or do they just hand you a new bottle?

I just had mine refilled for the first time last weekend. The employee had a large bottle of the solution and just poured it in my spray bottle. The bottle he used just looked like an old wonder bottle. I'm sure it's not, but it was funny!

I've heard the SGH solution has more alcohol than the Oakley solution. Guess I'll just have to make the trip to the O store when the time comes for a refill.

Hi! I'm from Zambia and we don't have Oakley stores here. I'm running out of the Oakley cleaning solution I bought from Amazon (as a kit with the cloth and screw driver) and I don't want to order a new cleaning kit as i just need the solution . So, I'd like to find out what to do. It seems like the most important issue is alcohol content. What alcohol content should a solution have to be safe to use on my sweet Oakleys? :cool:

Latest Posts

Back